Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser recommendations?

Default Laser recommendations?

Any recommendations for a decent scanning type laser? I want something that does not require much programming/control and can fill a room with a up and down sort of over the head festival effect.

I dont really want any reds or greens, ideally white, purple or blue. I need something a bit more 'club' for more clubby wedding tracklists. I use Haze, so in the air type effect is all good. I already have a blue Lanta cluster, plus the quad phases add a nice effect.

Name:  laser_beams__16557.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  53.2 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Depends on what your budget is,most the disco lasers are pretty poor i use Kavant but i expect thats a little bit upmarket for you.

Hi Toby.
    Have a look at This (not a UK site , but I am sure there is some in UK) , I have used this one , does all the usual tunnel and sweeps , and not a red dot to be seen , more like purple and turquoise .

Cheers

Daryll
    Last edited by Daryll; 13-03-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Depends on what your budget is,most the disco lasers are pretty poor i use Kavant but I expect thats a little bit upmarket for you.
    Really? They don't come much more upmarket than Toby, as far as I can see.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I thought all the KVANT laser fixtures would be way too much for a small venue with less than 200 people.. and they all start at the thick end of £1700.

My advice would be to look at Laserworld kit. Only basing this on what I took in at BPM last year.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    My advice would be to look at Laserworld kit. Only basing this on what I took in at BPM last year.
    Laser World keeps cropping up and seems a good option. I shall have a look at Daryll's link also, as it's not going to be used much and only for small rooms with 70-100 people, but typically 50 persons as this is a 'club night last hour' light. If I did large venues, teen parties & small festivals then anything above £2,000 would be a no brainer (thats what my Optoma projector cost), but I only need something lower powered. I have a lighting supplier in China whom has sold me tons of stuff, but all it shows are photos, so it gives no real idea of what the light can do!

Blue Aran are local to me and have tons of Laser World kit, so I can always pay them a visit. Youtube I guess also has a lot of examples.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I thought all the KVANT laser fixtures would be way too much for a small venue with less than 200 people.. and they all start at the thick end of £1700.

Laserworld are utter pants in my opinion please dont recommend something you dont use and yes Kvant start at £ 1700 but that is only for the basic and can be used safely in any size venue if you know what you are doing,as Toby is the best paid dj he wants only the best or perhaps im wrong .

please dont recommend something you dont use
    Sage advice, & something I think we should take note of...
    Depends on what your budget is,most the disco lasers are pretty poor i use Kavant but i expect thats a little bit upmarket for you.
    ... when you don't patronise other members.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Kvant stuff is coming along, have had good and bad experiences with it , some really bad at a very large show and important show for the artist.

Laserworld stuff is notoriously not what it says on the tin and but is aimed at a market which is pretty much what Toby wants.
    £1700 is cheap for a laser, good scanners cost 3 times that...

A suggestion is if you have a high powered projector have you tried software that produces laser like effects from it which the right haze in a smaller room can be quite effective.

The laser world is changing and as units become cheaper guidance tightens so what ever path you go down you need to make sure you are safe which alot of people don't seem to be able to do.

But for nightclub style Ariel effects where no audience exposure is taking place and you can provide a suitable risk assessment and measures a laserworld unit will be as good as the next.

how will you control it? DMX cant be used for controlling lasers in an audience environment where MPE will be exceeded.
    how will you know if MPE is going to be exceeded? its not a simple as buying a laser and turning it on.

i have a for sale post for a pangolin control system if your interested :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    Kvant stuff is coming along, have had good and bad experiences with it , some really bad at a very large show and important show for the artist.

Laserworld stuff is notoriously not what it says on the tin and but is aimed at a market which is pretty much what Toby wants.
    £1700 is cheap for a laser, good scanners cost 3 times that...

A suggestion is if you have a high powered projector have you tried software that produces laser like effects from it which the right haze in a smaller room can be quite effective.

The laser world is changing and as units become cheaper guidance tightens so what ever path you go down you need to make sure you are safe which alot of people don't seem to be able to do.

But for nightclub style Ariel effects where no audience exposure is taking place and you can provide a suitable risk assessment and measures a laserworld unit will be as good as the next.

how will you control it? DMX cant be used for controlling lasers in an audience environment where MPE will be exceeded.
    how will you know if MPE is going to be exceeded? its not a simple as buying a laser and turning it on.

i have a for sale post for a pangolin control system if your interested :-)
    Listen to this man, what he doesn't know about lasers isn't worth knowing.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries