Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Backup playout needed.

Default Backup playout needed.

Currently using VMS 2, which is overkill, as it already has a mixer in. Ideal requirements are two channel outputs, play and pause buttons, USB and CD capability.

Gemini have suitable offerings, but Cortex 1000, Numark D2, or even Denon HC 4500 are options.

Single channel machines not ruled out completely.
    Thanks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have the perfect product - 2 channels, CD and USB support (it took me quite a while to find it, as I had the same requirements for you, but I also wanted something that was 1u, and didn't take up too much space in the rack).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ACTOG...051_TE_3p_dp_1

I have one for sale myself, as I no longer use it - happy to sell for £190 including shipping (I still have the original box).

Thumbs up for the Denon HC4500. I think it's a great little machine and I use it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thumbs up for the Denon HC4500. I think it's a great little machine and I use it a lot.
    Shame they did not make it with a mixer built in though. I had one and it is great. Just a bit bulky with the flight case and 2 U mixer. Not a lot different to my VCI 300, which would be a worthy contender if your using Serato as they are very cheap these days.

Might be a Pyle of crap, but for £130 its well cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/22243...8466455&crdt=0

$_57.jpg

iPad with Djay? I find it amazing for back up as its solid state and oh so small. Having said that I also have a duplicate MacBook pro and Vestax VCI as I would not be comfortable mixing on anything else. Probably never use them but nice knowing they are with me all the time for unforeseen technical issues.

I assume this is for VDJ and rack mountable (looking at your examples). I assume you would want to use the same format? I thought this was quite good and will fit nicely in a case. No CD capability though, but can you not just rely on digital for one event?

hwp_hercules_hdjccpct.png
    Last edited by yourdj; 16-03-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I must be so behind the times

My backup is a laptop which I connect to the mixer via the headphone socket, no controller, nothing. Also have a spare mixer.

Never had to use it (finds some wood to touch) but do often run a whole night using my backup equipment just in case. In my storage unit however i do have another playout identical to the one I use, so if it did fail, the following night I would have full control again, but don't carry it round with me.

Personally can never see the point in carrying a spare controller as you can get through a night just with a laptop.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Gavin, perfect indeed, save for price, even s/h. Shame.

Gary, HC 4500 is probably the best solution, agreed.

Toby, your Pyle has two things which disbar it for me. Faders. Don't want or need them.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I must be so behind the times

My backup is a laptop which I connect to the mixer via the headphone socket, no controller, nothing. Also have a spare mixer.
    Chris, you're soooo close. After a conversation with a certain North West dealer ( must have been a bit early for him. He didn't try to sell me anything, and advised against spending money ) it's probably carpentry time. I already possess two high grade soundcards, and if I can find them, two DJ2GO, and a powered Belkin hub.

I shall build them into a box, fit rack connectors, and away I go for minimal cost. Thanks for suggestions though, all are welcome and appreciated.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Toby, my main flightcase is a hefty bloody thing.
    It has a Denon HD2500, Denon HC4500 and Denon X500 in it but it does the trick.

I was going to mention the DJ2Go and Soundcard too as that is my back up, back up. My main back up is the VDJ and HC4500.
    I also have Deejay on the iPad and iPhone but never use them but worse case scenario, they're there if I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I also have Deejay on the iPad and iPhone
    I did a set on Djay, You cant really mix, but it was quite straight forward really. The main thing is selecting the right music and being happy using the kit. Djay on Mac is also very nice to use stand alone although the folders are not the same as on iTunes, they are alphabetical.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've got DJay on the iPad too....and thankfully (and touching anything resembling a tree at the moment) have only had to use it once (a night where anything that could go wrong....did )

It works....but I certainly wouldn't want to do an entire night with it. It's just too damned fiddly.

I now have TWO MacBooks running during all gigs (normally one as play-out and one running LightKey for the lighting), but easy enough to transfer control from one to the other should the worse happen with only minimal dead air. I also still have the iPad connected just in case the Denon goes belly up to give me time to dig the VMS4.1 out of a bag and plug in.

Now if I could find a smaller version of something like the Denon with it's own built in sound card and a lot lighter......or maybe that's just overkill