Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: bluetooth headphones

Default bluetooth headphones

Hi I have the opportunity to purchase some jbl Bluetooth headphones at a good price and was wondering how to set them up with my mixer.
    do I have to buy some sort of Bluetooth receiver and plug it into the mixer or am I barking up the wrong tree and it wont work.
    also could I receive the Bluetooth headphone signal on my MacBook whilst it is playing virtual dj and do it that way?

You may be able to get an adapter that connects into your headphone socket but i'd advise against doing this. It's only another link that can fail at a gig. Is the lead bothering you that much?

Bluetooth for DJing? Nah. I like my listening for djing to be ZERO LATENCY, which you don't get with bluetooth.

See, the audio has to be encoded & squished which adds a slight delay to transmitted audio. There's a delay added by decoding too. The delay can vary as well just to make things more fun. How much delay can there be? Oh up to half a second or so. Good eh?
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 20-03-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Anyone got any recommendations for cheap bluetooth cans?

After gigs I like to have a bottle of wine out in the hot tub. I've got a Bose Soundlink that I love but using that at 2 in the morning is a no go so I'm looking for some cheap (so I won't mind if they break / fall in) bluetooth cans so I can listen to tunes when I'm in there.