Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: The Butterfly Effect- An old man's rant about things.

Default The Butterfly Effect- An old man's rant about things.

Partly due to the help of a couple of lovely ladies on switchboards, I've calmed down past simmer, and I'm rapidly approaching the mildly amused at the insanity of it all stage.

The splendid Marc J runs everything to do with my emails with unbelievable efficiency and a forgiving attitude towards an aged idiot . Perhaps it's because I keep giving him money?

Or then again, today I didn't. A Paypal payment to him was refused, due to " an issue with the funding credit card ". It didn't say " expired", basically because it hadn't, and there was a lot of room before the limit would be reached.

Eventually, after emailing lots of utter rubbish to Marc, I found out where to go next. ( No dear readers, not the pub, but a close run thing ) The lady on the switchboard was wonderful, and immediately spotted the root cause of the issue. The Butterfly Effect.

Apparently, the Bank had posted me a letter. It had been returned to them, alleging I didn't live here any more. The bank justifiably suspend the account immediately, which is sensible. My phone call cleared up this and a couple of minor issues, payments have been authorised again, and I'm wondering what in heaven's name happened in the Post Office.

All the posties know us, so where the foul up happened, I don't know. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Or then again, today I didn't. A Paypal payment to him was refused, due to " an issue with the funding credit card ". It didn't say " expired", basically because it hadn't, and there was a lot of room before the limit would be reached.
    I have this, it runs out next year!!
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I was a postie for nearly 12 year so I am aware many, many different things could have happened that resulted in your letter being "RTS" (Returned To Sender - one for the Elvis fans there! )

You haven't got a dog perchance or a mildly aggressive cat? Or geese? Or anything that would warrant you timid postie having an excuse not to deliver to your door?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I was a postie for nearly 12 year so I am aware many, many different things could have happened that resulted in your letter being "RTS" (Returned To Sender - one for the Elvis fans there! )

You haven't got a dog perchance or a mildly aggressive cat? Or geese? Or anything that would warrant you timid postie having an excuse not to deliver to your door?
    We know every postie personally here, and none of them have any issues whatsoever with aggressive animals residing here.

As to the wife..............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    We know every postie personally here, and none of them have any issues whatsoever with aggressive animals residing here.

As to the wife..............................................
    Whom I am guessing wasn't in the room at the time and doesn't read your threads!

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    Whom I am guessing wasn't in the room at the time and doesn't read your threads!
    You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.