Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use Apartment 10 for design, hosting etc?

Default Do you use Apartment 10 for design, hosting etc?

I know a while back quite a few of us had websites designed by Apartment 10 in Accrington, new brochures, roller banners etc.

It appears they have dropped off the planet. I've tried emails, phonecalls , texts but no replies to anything.

I did briefly get hold of Ash a few weeks back and ordered and paid for a new graphics for my pop up stand. Since then though not a dicky bird.

If you do have a website that was built by them in the "Platform" theme the chances are you can only update it via actual coding rather than the visual editor. Apparently the reason behind this is they have one licence for the theme that they use on all the sites rather than one licence per site. Having spoken to our resident Web guru Marc J it seems that only Apt 10 can sort this as it's a bespoke theme!

I'd be interested to know if others are having issues.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I know a while back quite a few of us had websites designed by Apartment 10 in Accrington, new brochures, roller banners etc.

It appears they have dropped off the planet. I've tried emails, phonecalls , texts but no replies to anything.

I did briefly get hold of Ash a few weeks back and ordered and paid for a new graphics for my pop up stand. Since then though not a dicky bird.

If you do have a website that was built by them in the "Platform" theme the chances are you can only update it via actual coding rather than the visual editor. Apparently the reason behind this is they have one licence for the theme that they use on all the sites rather than one licence per site. Having spoken to our resident Web guru Marc J it seems that only Apt 10 can sort this as it's a bespoke theme!

I'd be interested to know if others are having issues.
    I consider them con artists now, absolutely no response to to me either and they have £200 of mine and I have nothing to show for it. Started of well enough but then just disappeared. Embarrassingly they also took money from a friend of mine who I recommended them to and left them in the lurch as well.

I have helped one person who had their website created by Apartment 10, and have successfully moved it across to a new host for them.

I managed to track down the owners of Apartment 10, but getting support was very difficult!

I would advise working towards moving your website away from their custom themes as soon as possible so you remain in control of your website.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I consider them con artists now, absolutely no response to to me either and they have £200 of mine and I have nothing to show for it. Started of well enough but then just disappeared. Embarrassingly they also took money from a friend of mine who I recommended them to and left them in the lurch as well.
    I'm with you on that one. I too recommended them to others who have lost money aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I have helped one person who had their website created by Apartment 10, and have successfully moved it across to a new host for them.

I managed to track down the owners of Apartment 10, but getting support was very difficult!

I would advise working towards moving your website away from their custom themes as soon as possible so you remain in control of your website.
    How recently have you been in contact with them?

With regards to the themes how easy is it to move it? Marc J now hosts my sites so atleast that's one positive!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Marc J now hosts my sites so atleast that's one positive!
    Marc J is the only choice for anything web related... in my humble opinion. Completely reliable and completely trustworthy!

...and with regards to brochures, banners, logos business cards etc, I may know a guy that is thinking about coming out of design retirement in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Marc J is the only choice for anything web related... in my humble opinion. Completely reliable and completely trustworthy!
    What he said. What he said.

...and with regards to brochures, banners, logos business cards etc, I may know a guy that is thinking about coming out of design retirement in the very near future.
    Didn't I tell you, " Never say never " ?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How funny,

Having started this thread while I was away in Wales on a job this morning I've just got back and my neighbour knocked on the door to say he had a parcel for me.......

Turns out it's the Graphics for the pop up stand I ordered and paid for 3 weeks ago! Not an email or text or anything, however I have the graphics

How recently have you been in contact with them?

With regards to the themes how easy is it to move it? Marc J now hosts my sites so atleast that's one positive!
    It was in February. The issue was caused when the site was moved - that's when the theme editor stopped working. But I had moved the site to a new domain as part of a rebrand, so it was the change of domain that caused the issue.

They sent a new version of one of their plugins and that made it work again.

But it took a good few days and a lot of perseverance to get an answer from them, with all sorts of shoddy excuses. Apparently they are now focusing on a new business.

I'm with you on that one. I too recommended them to others who have lost money aswell.
    A shame as their work wasn't too bad from the sites I've seen. They were definitely very capable.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 02-04-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: merged posts

Thanks for the kind words guys

Moving any websites (Wordpress or otherwise) is easy. The problem comes when there's any bespoke work to themes / plugins which may or may not break when the core software (in this case Wordpress) is updated. You're then at the mercy of the originator.

I'd take a guess and say the "Platform" in use by Apt10 is a white label theme which they've rebranded, since the update issue seems to be license based. I guess somewhere in there you'll find the author, and they me be able to help if Apt10 are non-responsive.

Switching themes in Wordpress is also easy, but some themes come with different functionality / use different plugins and so you may have some work to do if yours is particularly complex. But at it's core, the idea is that you content and design are separate and you should be able to switch themes without any issues - which is true if all you've got is a simple blog.

Haha, the SBC & ELD logos got you hooked again? They're not all that easy, you'll grow to loathe it again

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I'd take a guess and say the "Platform" in use by Apt10 is a white label theme which they've rebranded, since the update issue seems to be license based. I guess somewhere in there you'll find the author, and they me be able to help if Apt10 are non-responsive.
    It's not so much the theme, but a plugin that Apartment 10 have. I didn't look too deeply in to it, but it seems to "talk" back to their servers to authenticate the site.

I'd suggest that if they were to switch off whichever server this talks to, that it could cause issues.

It doesn't stop the website working - just the theme options, which stops you from changing settings within the theme, so it's not going to knock the websites off immediately, but I always say it's best to sort these things on your own timetable, rather than being forced when it stops working and you really need to change a setting on your website!