Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Following leads up

Default Following leads up

Hi everyone I subscribe to need a disco, when you have given a quote for a lead do you send a follow up email? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simon1969 View Post
    Hi everyone I subscribe to need a disco, when you have given a quote for a lead do you send a follow up email? Thanks
    Not to need a disco quotes no.

I do.

If the event is months away then after a week.

If the event is next year then after 2/3 weeks.

No.

And then again, yes.

As a rule, no, but on occasion I've followed up leads with one or two replies that have been open for a while, and picked some up.

And conversely I got one where the reason for booking was " Didn't keep pestering me for an answer, like everybody else ".

Six and two threes.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Not routinely, no, but I will when I get an initial response from the lead asking questions or if they let on that they will be making a decision within a specific time frame. Some of the most honest and useful feedback I've had from lost enquiries has come off the back of these emails.

I know Clients really struggle to find sufficient differences between the replies to let them make a decision so sometimes it's the smallest of things which can sway them one way or another. Sometimes that means tiny differences in price, other times it's the number of contacts and perceived interest in their function, in some cases it's been tone of email, other times it's been about stating that I take requests, or pro-actively mentioning that I can play on past the agreed time in certain venues for pre-agreed fees.

One I lost the other day told me that he went with the guy who offered to throw in an event photography package!! "Proper" event photography would probably have cost more than his budget for the disco so I'd love to know what he gets for his money!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Thanks guys I followed one up the other day and got a conversion lady said I seemed professional and only offered what they wanted and didn't try and sell any extras.

I rarely follow up. If they're budget meets my fee and I'm particularly interested I log it with my standard enquires and will follow up.

9/10 I don't bother though.

The vast majority of NAD leads currently I'm already booked. Which is good I guess (I don't use the availability calender, incase their interested in other services I offer)

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD