I've had my EVOX 8 for probably nearly 3 years now and absolutely love the sound, portability & appearance. However when I occasionally do marquees I found them to be a little bit lacking to give it the complete sound I'd like without pushing them to and beyond their limits.

To that end I'd been hunting round for something to give them a little boost in the bass department. Initially I was going to buy one of the Thomann 2 x 10 Active subs but when Brexit was announced the price shot up so that was a no go. As I would think alot of us do I scoured the "Bay of E ness" for potential suspects. A couple of days ago on the Why Buy New page was a DB Tech Sub28D spec below:

Name:  SUB 28D right side.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  20.4 KB

Acoustical data
Frequency Response [-10dB]45 - 150 Hz
Max SPL125 dB
Directivityomnidirectional LF2x8 "

Amplifier
Amp TechnologyDigipack™
Amp ClassClass D
Peak Power800 W
Processor
ControllerDSP 24 bit/ 48 kHz
Phase0, 180 °
LimiterDual Active Limiter
Crossover Frequency MF-HF100 Hz, 24dB/Octave
System Presets Flat, Boost

Input
Signal Input2x XLR
Signal Output2x XLR X-Over Out/ Link Out

Mechanics
Housing Multiplex with H.E.T coating, reinforced
Width 290 mm (11.6 in)
Height 520 mm (20.8 in)
Depth 505 mm (20.2 in)
Weight 19.5 kg (42.99 lbs)

Now this was never going to rock the world like an 18 or similar but that's not what I wanted. The one I got was an ex Demo with a couple of marks on it but for £299 I was prepared to take a punt. After testing this afternoon at the unit I'm really pleased with it. Nice punchy sound and reinforces the EVOX nicely. It's small enough to fit under the booth shelf either stood up or on it's side.

I hadn't even seen one of these before it popped up on WBN but glad it did!