Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giving the EVOX 8 a little help with additional Sub

Its all about having as many boxes ticked for the client as possible.

If it's a choice between me and another DJ who they like as well, but i have the better looking setup that fits in with what they are after then they are more likely to book me.

Or, if you were that way inclined you could charge more for a slimline system or vice versa.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

If it's a choice between me and another DJ who they like as well, but i have the better looking setup that fits in with what they are after then they are more likely to book me.

Or, if you were that way inclined you could charge more for a slimline system or vice versa.
    I agree with over 100 bookings for weddings this year and most sold on the appearance of show it tends to work for me.

I use Evox 8 and have used them for parties of up to 200 at Xmas. They coped very well. I run a business, I don't feel the need to have several P.A.s for different jobs. Just about all of what I need is provided by the Evox.

I think I've had half a dozen people interested in equipment in 30 odd years. "Would you like big speakers or stick speakers?" is not a conversation I think I've ever had...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    I think I've had half a dozen people interested in equipment in 30 odd years. "Would you like big speakers or stick speakers?" is not a conversation I think I've ever had...
    Usually the most interest I get is " do you have lights" ?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I agree with over 100 bookings for weddings this year and most sold on the appearance of show it tends to work for me.
    Sorry, but your constant promotion of "success" is purely down to your price, or rather, lack of it.

£245 is not a professional price for wedding disco, and you're simply being booked for being the cheapest.

No wonder your disco is booked on the appearance compared to what other DJs at that price point are going out for.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

£245 is not a professional price for wedding disco,

I will tactfully say that a price of circa £250 is not an unusual figure for an evening only disco round here, and in many other places. There will also be quite a few at £500, and a whole lot more under£150, even at some prestigious venues.

Even at the £150 mark, many of those will perform in a professional manner, although it's patently obvious that it's virtually impossible to make a living at those figures. ( Unless you're out seven nights a week ) .

We're veering somewhat , so further posts along those lines in this thread may either be deleted, or moved elsewhere, quite possibly to a dedicated thread in Supporters, just so our new recruits have something to get their teeth into. Thank you.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 12-04-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    so further posts along those lines in this thread may either be deleted, or moved elsewhere, quite possibly to a dedicated thread in Supporters, just so our new recruits have something to get their teeth into. Thank you.
    If i ever get given access that is ;-)
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

If i ever get given access that is ;-)
    Then what a treat you have in store!

Just in case anyone isn't aware, when you scroll down the Forum page , the Supporters area will appear just below the Gallery, assuming you've been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Sorry, but your constant promotion of "success" is purely down to your price, or rather, lack of it.

£245 is not a professional price for wedding disco, and you're simply being booked for being the cheapest.

No wonder your disco is booked on the appearance compared to what other DJs at that price point are going out for.
    What a load of rubbish,we are rural no job is more than 15 miles away back home by 1 am at the latest ,and for your information that is a good price and fair one for this area when you have another 30 years under your belt perhaps you can comment till then keep it zipped because this is nothing to do with this thread.

Moderator note: This member has subsequently been banned for frequent outbursts like this. Talking to other members like this is unacceptable (especially when the person he was talking down to has a valid point). He was asked to play nice or go, but refused to play nice. We still strive to keep this forum a friendly, happy place. Sinde remarks & telling people to "zip it" will not be tolerated (regardless of how much experience the person making them has under their belt.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 05-06-2017 at 08:29 PM.