Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giving the EVOX 8 a little help with additional Sub

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    when was the last time any of you guys with standard cabinet speakers and subs received negative feedback from your client, purely based on the aesthetics?
    The problem is when clients give their "feedback" by taking their money elsewhere I suspect that in certain markets where aesthetics and attention to detail are important, clients are already opting for DJ's with singing drainpipes (especially white singing drainpipes) over other DJ's. Sometimes it can be the small things that give one DJ an edge over another.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

you will never get a punter saying that a cab on a tripod is ugly... until you show them a "singing drainpipe" rig side by side and most will pick that. #

Probably wont say its ugly still but wont have booked so scant consolation.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Its the photos on the website that do it for a lot of clients - which looks better?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Sometimes it can be the small things that give one DJ an edge over another.
    Julian
    Small things indeed. According to one member's recent customer feedback " he smells nice "!
    I expect to see that appearing on his website any day soon as a reason to book him.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    Its the photos on the website that do it for a lot of clients - which looks better?
    Now there's a thought. Customer looks at the photos of a lovely discreet setup incorporating a stick rig, and is upset when the DJ turns up with a six box rig for her wedding with 300 guests in a marquee. It's possible.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now there's a thought. Customer looks at the photos of a lovely discreet setup incorporating a stick rig, and is upset when the DJ turns up with a six box rig for her wedding with 300 guests in a marquee. It's possible.

This is where a meeting with the client would explain why this wouldn't be possible.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

I use a vertus system for weddings because it is white and does the job and looks the part,i could not find anything that is white and looks so good and the customers like it so a simple choice.

please don't be blinded by the aesthetics argument.
    As well as the aesthetics, there is also the difference in sound, weight and size.

My column speakers are totally different to my RCF 310's and manage to fill the room with sound, rather than directing it. i used to walk past my RCF's and have to place my hand over my ear. I don't really notice much difference from one end of the room right up to the kit now. I do like the look of them, much sleeker, but thats personal taste. Interms of size and weight, I can now fit mine in my big flight case, limiting my loading and also making much more room in the car. I am very happy with my speaker 'upgrade' and it saved me £100.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I would say over everything a client would want the system to be loud enough and good quality for people to have a good time and also still be able to chat. Cients do notice and care about the look though. Recently I had an OCD groom ban any speakers from the venue, especially on poles! This was for the breakfast mind you, but he had a point as they do not fit into a mock tudor/gothic grand hall do they. Having said that - If shown two photos I would hasten to guess that the average client would choose a sleek white Versus over a 15 inch black square sound lab box.
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-04-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    As well as the aesthetics, there is also the difference in sound, weight and size.

My column speakers are totally different to my RCF 310's and manage to fill the room with sound, rather than directing it. i used to walk past my RCF's and have to place my hand over my ear. I don't really notice much difference from one end of the room right up to the kit now. I do like the look of them, much sleeker, but thats personal taste. Interms of size and weight, I can now fit mine in my big flight case, limiting my loading and also making much more room in the car. I am very happy with my speaker 'upgrade' and it saved me £100.

I would say over everything a client would want the system to be loud enough and good quality for people to have a good time and also still be able to chat. Cients do notice and care about the look though. Recently I had an OCD groom ban any speakers from the venue, especially on poles! This was for the breakfast mind you, but he had a point as they do not fit into a mock tudor/gothic grand hall do they. Having said that - If shown two photos I would hasten to guess that the average client would choose a sleek white Versus over a 15 inch black square sound lab box.
    I totally agree has to look good and sound good.

Clearly I've been shot down by all the stick converts on here...but rather refreshingly, each to their own, it's good to be different! And I've learned something today...clients are more likely to book DJs with column array speakers. I'll just have to continue to reap bookings on the back of my talent, experience and sound quality instead! How old fashioned!!!
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

clients are more likely to book DJs with column array speakers.
    I don't think they would care a less tbh.

My personal point was, if asked & shown two photos the average bride may choose the slim white ones over big black ones, but having said that an 18 year old of ex clubbing 30 year old may prefer the larger meatier system.

I don't think anything wrong in adding a bit of reinforcement as long as its balanced still and not really bass heavy.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/