Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre-recorded wedding mix

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

It harks back to my thread about pricing - why do so many DJs think everyone just wants the cheapest?
    But this isn't going to be the cheapest option. Surely you know the answer to the question " how do you hire a cheap PA and lights " ?

" Book a DJ ".

What Allan is going to have to charge to stand a chance of breaking even is quite a lot. He'll have a lot of hours to charge for, possibly some songs to buy, and a lot of hassle. Client will have to hire the kit as well, so I don't see it being a cheap option.

I know plenty of people who hire kit out at a higher rate than a decent disco could be sourced for.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    It may just be a small English person wedding (30 persons)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    to be held somewhere in Spain with only around 30 guests

Guess they just want a good mix of music to have a boogie too after the ceremony and meal?
    I assume its English area of Spain, which is not a lot different to some of the seaside towns in the UK.

A one take mix is a good bet. Charge accordingly for any changes after that and job done.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

Guess they just want a good mix of music to have a boogie too after the ceremony and meal?
    I assume its English area of Spain, which is not a lot different to some of the seaside towns in the UK.

A one take mix is a good bet. Charge accordingly for any changes after that and job done.
    Yeah that's pretty much it and, after deciding I would probably not bother, I'm now swaying in favour of doing it for them because I think they need help on this and I'm not sure anyone else would be daft enough to take it on!

My only real concern is that there are two playlists that I've been sent and they are very different to each other. The second is full of recent chart dance and R'n'B which I'm pretty comfortable with but the first one is much lower tempo and full of songs and artists I've never heard of. I've been told I can add and remove songs as I see fit but I have to assume that if they have included them then they will probably want them in the set so I can't just chop out the songs I'm not familiar with. I can see it being quite difficult to arrange the songs into any kind of logical running order so I will probably just start off with the lowest tempo songs and build up to the bigger dance songs towards the end before slowing things down again for the last few songs.

Are there any particular conventions to an American wedding playlist that I should be aware of? I often end an English wedding with a big well known sing along song at the end of the night. Does anyone know if that would be an acceptable way to conclude an American wedding party?

. Does anyone know if that would be an acceptable way to conclude an American wedding party?
    Might depend entirely on which part of the USA the function was being held in.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Erm, the "Spain" part???
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Touché!

Ok.... would it be appropriate for a Spanish wedding then?

Touché!

Ok.... would it be appropriate for a Spanish wedding then?
    You're asking the wrong fella. Toby appears to be the oracle on all International weddings.

Me, I'd be contemplating ending with:
    Little White Bull
    Y viva Espana
    Una Paloma Blanca
    Spanish Harlem
    Spanish Hustle
    Spanish Eyes.............................................. ..........

You're asking the wrong fella. Toby appears to be the oracle on all International weddings.
    Not these days, i have not got a clue whats in the recent and past charts for Spanish weddings now, I would only do a Spanish weddings in the UK with a decent playlist. I would not do very well in a proper Spanish wedding especially in Spain!

I bet this is just a load of English people in a Spanglish area of Spain, which lets face it is not mush different to the UK. My dad lives in a village on a mountain in the middle of nowhere (Hondon Delos Frailes) and you guessed it, its full of English retirees whom have lived there for decades and never bothered to learn the language or mix with the locals. Whats really funny is they are all really patriotic and can't stand the immigrants in the UK.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I recently did a gig where the customer asked me to help with the music for their afterparty. DJs apparently aren't allowed to use the cellar bar, so armed with a list of tunes I set about making a 2 hour pre-recorded mix & charged a handsome fee for it.

Initially I recorded it as 'live' which amounted to over 3.5 hours of music that I then edited down to 2 hours (club mixes have a lot of extended sections not really relevant) but I wasn't happy with the end result so re-did the whole thing in Ableton Live which took just over 3 hours.

Was it worth it? Yup. The customer loved the mix from the first sneaky listen - so much he listened to the whole thing. Did it 'work' ? I'm not sure, but it certainly sounded good - a lot better than the marquee above.

Oh & the licence? https://www.prsformusic.com/licences...ed-manufacture