Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on possible lighting change please.

If you could afford them the 305 Barrels are one of the best value lights there is.

I have a pair of Swarm Wash FX and they are a very good light, with lots of features.
    The Derby effect is decent, just like the the swarm 5.
    The Strobe is very good, i like that feature a lot.
    The Laser i dislike and turn it off, but only because i think red and green lasers are cheap it does fill a room very well though and if i did Kids parties i'd leave this on.
    The Wash is very Good, it could have been one of the best lights available if the LED's could be colour mixed individually. In DMX you can only set it to be RGB or UV, not a mixture. If it could have been colour mixed you could do some truly amazing things with the wash via DMX and it could look much nicer from the front.
    For example if you want to wash the B & G in Pink, 4 of the LED's will need to be on Blue and the rest on Red.

Probably worth its price tag if you are going to use them all the time as they do a lot.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Sorry for the digression

Are the Intimidator 305s at all controleable with the IRC-6 for first dances etc or is dmxing a must?

thanks

i think any with the full colour LCD display are yes.

the 255 spot's certainly are.

but even if they are not im 99% certain you can set anyting via the screen, (pan, tilt, rotate, colour, gobo, prism etc) just like the 255's.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually of course they are. their full title is Chauvet intimidator Barrel 305 IRC lol
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Gentlemen: For the final time, I have owned 50w LED Barrels, and they didn't suit me. I have the chance of some 60w Barrels,and/or scanners at an advantageous price. I don't want them either.

Imitations of the Crazies or Swarms are currently in the lead, but nothing is yet set in stone.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I may have found the answer...

Have you seen this one?

http://www.adj.com/boom-box-fx2

Quite nice that it includes gobos too (but only focused on the dancefloor).

Looks like you get a lot of different effects from one box.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I may have found the answer...

Have you seen this one?

http://www.adj.com/boom-box-fx2

Quite nice that it includes gobos too (but only focused on the dancefloor).

Looks like you get a lot of different effects from one box.
    I have indeed seen it, and it ticks a lot of boxes. It's under consideration.

These are just amazing:

https://www.djkit.com/chauvet/chauve...l-305-irc.html

They fill the room, and with replacement gobos can make them fit for any occasion.

2 of those, with some wash light with it, and you've got everything you'll need.
    I bought two of these at BPM last year at under £600 for the pair. Excellent lights and I have since added the matching scans for the larger venue.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I bought two of these at BPM last year at under £600 for the pair. Excellent lights and I have since added the matching scans for the larger venue.
    Out of interest, what benefit do you get from the scans?

I like the spread of the barrels - how much "loss" of spread do you get from the scanners?

Out of interest, what benefit do you get from the scans?

I like the spread of the barrels - how much "loss" of spread do you get from the scanners?
    The scans have a spread of 180 degrees plus, so left to right, up and down, they cover a good area. I rarely use both at the same time, switching between the two as I see fit, to get two differing effects. Though they too are rated 60 watt, the scans do appear significantly brighter than the barrels.

Well folks, just to tie this one up, I'll tell you what I got. In some ways I have backtracked on parameters, so limited apologies to folk who suggested 50w barrels. As I said, I've had them,. they're bigger than I wanted, and I didn't get on with them. That's partly my fault, so hands up again.

Recently, I had the Beamer 6 out on the Micromax, and I realised what a coverage it can have, and also that it can be easily tamed merely by selecting appropriate programmes. This prompted me to believe I ought to use it more as a centrepiece. So what to pair up with it?

Well the cheaper Hadrons were only Swarm 5 equivalents, and the Wash equivalents were significantly dearer. Added to which, I couldn't see the Beamer going out much if I got them. Nothing I had seen was screaming " buy me" !

Then, the goalposts moved. A long time ago I had seen the Acme Dynamic 25 range, and nearly bought some at one point, they really impressed me. I didn't fancy any of the 12w versions from other folks, and then Equinox came up trumps.

Fusion Max Rollers. 30w, not 12, and light and compact enough for me. A certain Cumbrian dealer will be bringing me a pair down at the end of the month, and I'll let you all know how I get on with them.

Many thanks for all the advice given here, it's appreciated.