Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Much help needed from you boys and girls, please.

Default Much help needed from you boys and girls, please.

Not much levity on this one, on Thursday morning I had what turned out to be a heart attack! Turns out stents won't be enough, so operatiom is imminent.
    Cutting to the chase, I'm likely to need urgent cover for the next month, and quite probably longer. When I master the technology, I'll try to put a list on here. The redoubtable Andy Neen has covered tonight for me, splendid chap, thanks again, Andy. What a gentleman.

Most gigs have balance to collect, but won't be a king's ransom, I'm afraid.

Hello

Hopefully this is what you wanted...

April:

• Sat 29th – Parklands Donny, £200, paying in full now, 13120279, only paid deposit
    May:

• Sat 13th – Williamson, 25th Disco
    • Thu 18th – 13142474, Wetherby and karaoke, £200 confirmed

• Sat 20th – Expanse Hotel Brid, £150 Deighton, all day, early set up, disco 2.30-6.30

• Mon 29th – 13102194, Ox Pasture

I know the pay's rubbish, but you all know I'm not the most expensive on here. Any help at all you can give will be most welcome. Most reliable contact at the moment is text, 07885319556, as when the nurses see me working on this, they confiscate it. 19May, contact Matty direct please.

Next Saturday 29th is fairly urgent, needs karaoke also.

One more request, while I welcome expressions of support from you, please keep this thread for offers of help, and don't clog it up too much.

Thanks in advance, an Old Git expecting somebody to fit him with a zip up the front next week.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-04-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

With the distance involved I am sorry but I cannot help out.
    Regarding the other matter , welcome to the heart attack club , in the nicest possible way.
    I am sure everything will work out , just take things easy

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Sorry to hear of your health scare, Peter. Thank god you'e been given a second chance - some people I know weren't that lucky. It's good you're doing the right thing and taking it easy.

I hope you succeed in getting the cover you need. Are there no Facebook groups in your area, like the one I was talking to you about up here, where you might find DJs in your area that are not here on MDD?

EDIT:

I've also copied your post in to the Jobs Offered - Yorkshire section so you might want to go in and update it when dates are covered. Or let me know and I'll do it for you.
    Last edited by DazzyD; 23-04-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Sorry to hear about your health Peter. Best wishes for the future and a speedy recovery. Take it easy!

Eek hope you get your gigs covered Peter but more importantly hope you have a swift & uncomplicated recovery. Get well soon!

Come on Dazzy, me and the F word!!!!!!! Wash your mouth out with soap.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at jobs offered shortly.

OK, we're cooking with gas. 5th sorted itself,6th sorted by Davesounds, 19th went back to Matty, 20th probably covered thanks to Dave Jackson.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I could cover, but my travel would be more than the event fee being down South.

Facebook is a good option. I can't stand it personally but from a business perspective and catching up with people that i want to talk too its invaluable. You can join and only look at what you need to. I literally do my own two pages, my HDA group and occasionally post for something in the local Facebay or 'hythe and waterside people' if I want advise for something (like what schools are the best). but thats it.

I have turned off all notifications and never look at my feed as its just full of people telling you what they ate for breakfast, how nice their hotel is in Hawaii or political crap. None of which I ned too know. However for a situation like this or last min emergency it may get you out of a tight hole.

I hope that you get better and don't have any more problems, your the best thing about this forum!!

There are plenty of groups, you can get anyone you know (whom are all probably on Facebook) and get them to join on your behalf, but I guess you can get stuff covered with the local DJ's you are familiar with.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  48.4 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 23-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Toby, any other time I'd have sin binned you for suggesting I sign up to Facebook, but thank you.

Due to the efforts of the wonderful folk on here, all immediate gigs are covered, many thanks one and all. That's even more I owe this place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Toby, any other time I'd have sin binned you for suggesting I sign up to Facebook, but thank you.

Due to the efforts of the wonderful folk on here, all immediate gigs are covered, many thanks one and all. That's even more I owe this place now.
    I quite miss the sin bin. Would be good to see some of my old posts when I was in it.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/