Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Clamp & Stand for an iPad?

Default Clamp & Stand for an iPad?

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has any links for a clamp and stand or some way of connecting an iPad to something so that it can be used as a camera?
    I was at a darts presentation on Friday night (I won a trophy!), and I was chatting to the committee / organisers about the way it was all set up because (although I never said so), to me, it was very amateurish.
    There were around 200 people in attendance and yet hardly anybody could see what was going on, on stage.

Anyway, the long and short of it is, they want me on board the committee and have asked me for ideas for the next one in October.
    When I told them what I could potentially do, they were all smiles.

I have 2 projectors and 2 large white screens so I could link them together and place them either side of the stage.
    The iPad would be on stage and set to camera mode and focused on the dart board. It would link to the projectors meaning that everybody would be able to see clearly what is going on.

So, I was thinking of possibly and old speaker stand (I have a few), but I need some kind of clamp to fix to it and then the iPad.

Any ideas?
    Cheers

These are really good. Just attach to a mic stand.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/km_19727_i...f=search_prv_5
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...clamp&_sacat=0 As an alternative to use with a table?

If it's only for picture have you considered a Go-Pro?

Thanks for the links guys. I think the first one is what I need.

Haven't considered a GoPro as the iPad can do what I need it to. It will act as a video camera and it will just be pointed at the dart board. I have a Sony Handycam too but that's so 1990's eh!