Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Excalibur

Right, you 'orrible lot, best behaviour, teacher's back, so behave. My chest's hot a zip in it from top to bottom, and my left leg looks like it's had a chainsaw accident.

The staff here ( Leeds teaching hospital ) and York are beyond angels ( apart for a physio who claimed I couldn't walk with two nurses and a zimmer frame, I had to leap out of my chair unaided and tap dance to demonstrate the fallacy of his assertion. That earned me an extra day with a hosepipe where I don't ever want one stuck again.

The second is a speech and something else person who put me on a diet of pureed everything and wallpaper paste. Dear reader, I did a terrible thing., I snapped, and went on hunger strike. Guess who's getting fish and chips tonight, but no xmas card from the speech and nutrition therapist?

There is a special pit of hell reserved for those two )

Two things have conspired to keep me here, ( and a couple of compatriots ),one is the weekend.
    The more serious one is that I'm short of two working hands, but all the tests are coming up clear, so time and physio needed here.
    With a following wind, I hope to be home Monday. At least I can keep you posted a bit more, working my phone with one hand has been a real pain.

PS, your thoughts and encouragement have meant a lot, as have the offers of cover. One member who shall remain nameless was so keen to help, he turned up a month early to cover a gig.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Right, you 'orrible lot, best behaviour, teacher's back, so behave. My chest's hot a zip in it from top to bottom, and my left leg looks like it's had a chainsaw accident.
    We shall therefore henceforth rename you....ZIPPY!

You're the fourth person THIS YEAR I know who's keeled over with a dicky-ticker (one was younger than me!), so I'm reevaluating everything I do personally so I don't end up in the same position (I'm down to just half a bottle of scotch and 2 kebabs a night now )

In all seriousness though - take it easy and get yourself better - glad to hear you're on the mend.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

can't keep a good man down!

ey up , they breed em tough in Yorkshire.

get well soon mate

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Time for a tattoo Peter

Name:  scars-tattoo-cover-up-14-590ad408653e2__605.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  29.9 KB
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Time for a tattoo Peter

Name:  scars-tattoo-cover-up-14-590ad408653e2__605.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  29.9 KB
    Ha! I've just sent that pic to my brother who joined the zipper club about 8 years ago. Very cool. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    PS, your thoughts and encouragement have meant a lot, as have the offers of cover. One member who shall remain nameless was so keen to help, he turned up a month early to cover a gig.
    I was just seeing how long it would take me to get there from Driffield

Glad you are on the mend!!!

I just spoke to Peter. He's in good spirits & on the discharge list for today.

There was some bad news too. Jeanette's father died at the weekend, so probably best not to bother her at the moment.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I just spoke to Peter. He's in good spirits & on the discharge list for today.

There was some bad news too. Jeanette's father died at the weekend, so probably best not to bother her at the moment.
    Good news about Peter - thanks for the update Steve.

Not so good to hear about Jeanette's father though . Talk about being knocked whilst you're down