Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Smart Phone recommendation

Default Smart Phone recommendation

Can anyone point me in the direction of a budget to mid priced smart phone that takes good photos-movies in low light conditions and preferably has a largish screen and good photo resolution. I've already had the HTC 650 pointed out as being a contender, any opinions on this?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a budget to mid priced smart phone that takes good photos-movies in low light conditions and preferably has a largish screen and good photo resolution. I've already had the HTC 650 pointed out as being a contender, any opinions on this?
    I am very impressed with my wifes Samsung. It takes better pictures than my 70'd and pancake lens at times!! Dont know the model.

I have also been using a Samsung tablet this week (left my suitcase in my carpark and drove to Stansted) and I was quite impressed with that too. I bought my wife one but never used it as i have an iPad mini, but tend to only use the MacBook Pros for 95% of things.

Leaving my laptop behind forced me to actually use my iPhone 5c and although emailing and general admin takes forever, its manageable and I am glad I was forced in to that situation as I worked out what apps worked best for my tastes/uses and have a nice little system now, when out and about (my admin was solely based in the office/at home).

Because of that I just bought a iPhone 6 plus as the prices have started to drop now (£199 ex demo). I don't need it for the camera (as thats pants), but it should be much quicker and the screen is very large so great for the kids watching cartoons in the car etc (i need to get a lock app or something with a password). My wifes samsung saved me today in a 2 hour flight, he was good as gold.

So for photos - a newer samsung model with the big camera thing on the back (bigger lenses let in more light).
    Galaxy models crop up 3 times on this 'out of 10' score, so I think i am on the right track!!

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/t...phy-2016-23050
    Last edited by yourdj; 30-04-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thanks for the info Toby, I do like the Samsung that topped the list, but it was a bit over the budget I had in mind. I eventually went for an 'AA' grade s/h HTC One M9 which cost £150, a bargain IMO, it would be difficult to tell it from a new phone. I've not had a chance yet to try it out in the low-light conditions I had in mind for its use, but from reviews I've read about it I think (hope) it should live up to expectations.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Thanks for the info Toby, I do like the Samsung that topped the list, but it was a bit over the budget I had in mind. I eventually went for an 'AA' grade s/h HTC One M9 which cost £150, a bargain IMO, it would be difficult to tell it from a new phone. I've not had a chance yet to try it out in the low-light conditions I had in mind for its use, but from reviews I've read about it I think (hope) it should live up to expectations.
    Nice glad you got it sorted.

Somehow I managed to order a standard iPhone 6, but it was in excellent condition, so have listed this and bought a 6 plus (124 gb - £240) off the same seller, which is also fantastic and an amazing price. I think the 6 will sell for about that so all in all not a bad deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2726639945...84.m1555.l2649
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/