Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hireadisco.com

Default Hireadisco.com

If anyone is interested, the Hireadisco.com domain is currently on Ebay

Wonder what the reserve is? £250 I would imagine? Someone in the states would be more interested in that i would guess? They should have listed through Ebay.com.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Wonder what the reserve is? £250 I would imagine? Someone in the states would be more interested in that i would guess? They should have listed through Ebay.com.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Interesting.
    Ah is this your site, sorry I thought it was a random listing you found.

The problem with domains is its only worth what the person you find will pay for it. Maybe list it on Ebay but also get one of the big daddy of US mobile DJ's to promote it for a percentage (you have enough to chose from). Brian Redd would be my first choice. All they have to do is list it on their Facebook and if it sells for £1000, then they get 10% or something?? Or even the UK guy like Jonathan DJ Tutor bloke.

There is someone out there that for what ever reason has several thousand to pay for a domain like that.Finding them is the hard part.
    Last edited by yourdj; 02-05-2017 at 02:22 PM.

It also depends how much SEO work has been done on the domain - and even then it often doesn't transfer across to a new owner.

Searching for "hireadisco", the site should really come up top, but it doesn't.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Hireadisco

So that will hinder it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Ah is this your site, sorry I thought it was a random listing you found.

The problem with domains is its only worth what the person you find will pay for it. Maybe list it on Ebay but also get one of the big daddy of US mobile DJ's to promote it for a percentage (you have enough to chose from). Brian Redd would be my first choice. All they have to do is list it on their Facebook and if it sells for £1000, then they get 10% or something?? Or even the UK guy like Jonathan DJ Tutor bloke.

There is someone out there that for what ever reason has several thousand to pay for a domain like that.Finding them is the hard part.
    Useful. Thanks

Be good for a directory site methinks

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Useful. Thanks
    Well not actually. On retrospect only us muppets in the UK call mobile DJ's 'mobile discos'.

I hate it when i arrive and someone says 'the disco is here' I feel like playing Bee Gees all night sometimes.
    So the UK market it is I think. Sorry about that.

I don't think there is a www.hireadisco.co.uk which would be the first thing I would check.
    Perhaps spending a year, creating a package of domains and some SEO of some sort might make it a quite valuable product??

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Searching for "hireadisco", the site should really come up top, but it doesn't.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Hireadisco

So that will hinder it's value.
    Funnily enough I've just tried that myself, and much to my surprise, my own site (disco4hire), came up directly after the sponsored adds and again halfway down the page. Interesting domain though, and could fit into my plans for next year assuming the reserve is realistic.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Funnily enough I've just tried that myself, and much to my surprise, my own site (disco4hire), came up directly after the sponsored adds and again halfway down the page. Interesting domain though, and could fit into my plans for next year assuming the reserve is realistic.
    Thanks again for all the useful comments.