Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mackie SRM450 v1 problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I've turned up to a gig once & tested the PA only to find that there was no bass coming from one side. Turned out to be a duff XLR cable. Yes, I'd have assumed a dead short would do away with all the sound but no, apparently not (the active speaker amp must have a very high input impedance!).

Anyway with the SRM450v1 if it's just the LF driver cutting out & not because it's going into protect mode (never rule out that the protection LED isn't working anymore!) it could be any number of causes. Dry joint in the active x-over circuits, the LF amp, the wiring to the LF driver and then the LF driver itself. Since you have a pair of them maybe you can try swapping amp modules from one to the other or even LF drivers & giving them a jolly good test.
    Thanks for the info Nakatomi.
    as i said in my original post, i'm not technical at all. when the problem first happened, i removed the back panel...... gave a big gulp and put it back on !
    i'll leave that kind of thing for those who know.

Cheers

Rob

Default video of problem...

i took a short video at the weekend to show the problem. does the video have to be online somewhere to view it or is there a way of adding it from my phone?

Cheers

Rob

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's got to be hosted elsewhere and then inserted on the thread.