Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modernising the Retro Roadshow

Or this looks really good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvza7ZbJCDE

Whilst I've got everything stripped down....it's on the cards (possibly for the top half of the centre box).

BTW - the LED strip has just arrived (still waiting for the DMX decoder and the LED joints) so quickly taped them into the spare box I'm testing this on.
    First impressions are FANTASTIC!

This is only a mock up....the LEDs are taped in place in different layouts to see what's going to work best when I do this for real (so yes, there are dark spots). As I've only got one LED tape in there at the moment, it's only one colour in the entire box (that will change tomorrow when the rest of the kit arrives - the aim being to have four different potential colours at a time just like if lamps were fitted).

Name:  IMG_1994.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  34.9 KB

The DMX decoder arrived this afternoon, so I've re-wired the prototype and added a little lightship to replicate what the box used to do but with LED instead of lamps.

Bear in mind, the segments can now be any colour I choose, this is going to be fun

https://youtu.be/QofJmYLL9nU

You could be bringing these back into fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    You could be bringing these back into fashion!
    Not just yet - but working on it.

I'm going to do a promo video in a little while because I've got customers getting concerned over what I'm doing
    I can't complete the modernisation of the full roadshow until the end of July because of this - they want lamps

That said, once the entire roadshow is updated, it's going to be awesome - I can do any colour in any segment and won't be limited to RGBW as I am with the lamps.

I'm going to replace the perspex in all of the units to be the pearl white like the one I've just done because it hides the LEDs nicely and gives a much better spread of light. It'll also make the whole setup more uniform.

Undecided yet on the infinity tunnel though. As much as I'd like one, I don't really like punters getting that close to the gear these days (and they would with that just to see how it works). I think I'd rather have more light to throw at their legs.

That one box has cost £50 to convert for the LEDs and the DMX decoder. That's not bad in my book because it's going to give this setup a lot of years more service hopefully

They look BRILLIANT.....i'm betting someone will start producing them soon!

Retro is on its way back!! (it never went away) lol