Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Media agencies - Anyone use one?

Default Media agencies - Anyone use one?

Just putting the feelers out to see if anyone uses a media management company?

I've got a meeting next week with an agency that will look after all my 9 Websites (not inc hosting), doing any updates needed on said sites, manage the social media with targeted campaigns through social media and mailchimp etc.

Also inc is a a new website for Derbyshire Wedding DJ which has sadly fallen behind on style and more importantly traffic, a marketing review of the business as a whole with going forward strategy.

All the above is done by a monthly retainer fee.

Anyone have any experience with agencies and can offer any pointers, advice etc?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

This is a service I offer myself.

So I'm happy to look over the proposal they provide to let you know if it's good value for you.

9 websites is a lot to manage. It'd be interesting to know exactly what they are proposing to do with each website, and costs. It could get quite expensive quite quickly.

They should be providing a very clear outline of what they'll be providing, and there should be some measuring sticks in place - what are you expecting in terms of results within 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.

If they can't demonstrate the increase in quality leads they'll provide, then I'd walk away. Don't be sold on traffic - it's leads that are more important (would you rather 1,000 visitors a day, and 1 enquiry a month, or 100 visitors a day and 10 enquiries a month...)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Also inc is a a new website for Derbyshire Wedding DJ which has sadly fallen behind on style and more importantly traffic, a marketing review of the business as a whole with going forward strategy.
    After briefly looking at this particular site, I don't think you necessarily need a new site. Instead, invest in improving the conversion rate of the existing website (some tweaks to the existing site will make a huge difference), and also spend on the marketing to bring traffic to it

I think an agency is a good bet especially if you are not tech and design savvy. Money well spent especially for the higher earners. I love marketing and enjoy tinkering on the site or designing a new brochure so its the fun part for me. I hate accounts so do the very minimum and get my book keeper to do everything.

I had a look based on the last post (tell me to mind my own business) and I noticed something immediately (nice site though), which is to improve the loading speed.

I had this problem myself yesterday and it was definitely affecting enquiries (the speed dropped recently). Mine was about 50% (but yours comes in at 17%)! Amongst a few things I added a Caching plugin (Wordpress), resized one image and it shot up to 75% immediately, which is satisfactory even on an iPhone 4 and 3g connection

The main contender on all my research though was the host - it took 9.5 seconds for your one to respond, the second test went to 13%! This is the first thing any agency will say and it will cost you hundreds to put right, especially if you start moving hosts and they manage it for you. You can save some cash by doing it yourself, but for ease/professional service maybe an agent is the way forward.

I think if you do the following you wont need any help as your enquiries will increase substantially.

Reduce server response time
    Leverage browser caching
    Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Minify CSS
    Minify JavaScript

https://developers.google.com/speed/....uk&tab=mobile

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 174
Size:  44.5 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 18-05-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Toby,

Thanks for your input (but mind your own business ) your comments are certainly food for thought. I've run a few sites through that page insight checker and even the "big boys" like Argos and Wiggle don't fair aswell as I would have expected so it's something worth looking at.

I've since spoken to someone who was with this agency for 12 months and ended up getting a large amount of their fee back so not a glowing recommendation!

Thanks for the comments from everyone though. Very useful.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

As this thread was meant to be about Media agencies and has now become a hotbed of web testing and one up manship I've a new thread for folk to post test sites etc. All the posts on this thread have been moved over there so feel free to join in !

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...post-them-here!

But of course if you have any media agency related stuff then this is your place!
    Last edited by Spirits High; 20-05-2017 at 10:16 AM.