Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test tools for Websites - post them here!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I am not doing so good on that one. i would be happy with a high C tbh.
    I have a lot of plugins and probably a messy code so its never going to be in the A category.
    I don't know...your reported page size is quite a bit smaller than Paul's (1.1Mb vs 2.4Mb) and your number of requests are similar (98 v 89), so your sites are probably more alike than you think in terms of plugins and code. You should be able to score higher than that. Have you tried W3TC instead of WP Fastest Cache? You could also try a CDN (e.g. CloudFlare) which would probably improve things slightly.

is this thing accurate as my DJ alliance one now shows 64, but on Google its still 10!!
    I am more inclined to trust Google as after all its the one and only company I am trying to get rankings on.
    I'd go with the Google result and try to get that better.

An alternative to the Google Analytics "cheat" in post #18: -

https://wordpress.org/plugins/host-analyticsjs-local/

The plugin makes a copy of the GA JavaScript on your server. Google doesn't recommend this, but this plugin also checks daily if there's a new version at Google, and overwrites the local copy with the new one if that's the case.

Seems to work well, it got rid of that category and gained an extra point in Page Speed Insights

Thats a bit better

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  30.5 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thats a bit better
    What was the issue / fix?

Whenever I do look at the webmaster tools for page load speeds I find it really frustrating. The issues on my site that cause Google to mark it down are all caused by:

1. Twitter (stupidly long URL's in their code snippets and warnings about enabling compression)
    2. Needadisco verification images (could be compressed)
    3. Facebook (warnings about enabling compression)
    4. Google Analytics (ironic!)

The additional thing I could do is minify the html... might have to look into that.

Anyone played with AMP?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

You know the 80/20 rule...

Be careful not to invest your time in the wrong areas here guys.

These tools are useful to highlight any big issues on your websites. And yes, page loading time does affect user experience, and therefore conversion rates (which can also have an effect on your Google search ranking).

Some of the big issues when fixed can help. But trying to shave an additional .3 seconds off loading time and getting a 100/100 result from Google likely won't make any difference to your sales.

That time could have been better spent writing a blog post or two for your website (which really can help improve your Google search ranking) or re-wording your home page to make your service more enticing for visitors (which can make a dramatic difference to your conversion rate).

Just wanted to flag it up before you start heading down a rabbit hole!