Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making things easier

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    To me, anything done at a desk or behind a keyboard is Admin
    looks like you could do with a marketing agency, or someone that understands marketing and need the work (cheaper option).
    I think i would get bored not doing the marketing, If I paid for all the time I spend on it, it would cost a fortune.

You can then sit back and chill.
    Last edited by yourdj; 23-05-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I looked into DJEP as I presently use Pages and Numbers.

It seemed an huge amount of work to set up and wouldn't import my existing templates from Pages.
    Oh it takes a good chunk of time and even now I still tweak bits and bobs and add new features.

BUT the time it saves in the long run is phenomenal and I don't just mean one click responses like someone mentioned earlier.

Having everything there at your finger tips 24/7 providing you have an internet connection is a god send - if you're saving even just a couple of minutes each day not having to run up the stairs to check your wall calendar in the office or open up a diary / echosign to see when and what you're due to be paid etc... that REALLY adds up.

It's like making incremental gains when setting up and tearing down. You're never going to be able to set up a speaker any quicker than is physically possible but skimming a minute here or 30 seconds there off of cable management etc... can really save you time.

DJEP is no good for my business model, I use DJI for some things, but isn't suitable for other parts.

Toby - someone to handle marketing, or at least social media, is a possibility - only snag is I am a bit of a control freak

I did used to do my own design work (flyers etc) which I have now stopped doing and has freed up quite a bit, however I don't think there is one particular task taking up my time, just a lot of little tasks.

Maybe most of those tasks don't really need doing - a look at 80/20 might be all that's needed.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Maybe most of those tasks don't really need doing - a look at 80/20 might be all that's needed.
    Definitely - focusing on the important tasks will save you a lot of time.

If you fancy a Skype chat to run through what you're doing and identify areas you could cut back on, happy to do this.

Toby - someone to handle marketing, or at least social media, is a possibility - only snag is I am a bit of a control freak
    Which would get expensive fast, unless you get someone working for themselves, or even doing it as a bit of a hobby for some cash! Local also a bonus as you can sit with them and change things. My tech guy in the early days was a god send, as everything was HTML coding. Now its so much easier. I did all the design, he just did my back end when it needed it (oh matron). I have been semi automated since day one, so everything is paperless and very simple.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/