Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music influencing behaviour.

I dunno about fighting since I started doing 'nice' weddings etc, but in bar work I was banned from playing anything with a high testosterone content - i.e. Jump Around, One Step Beyond, 'heavy' dance music... I still have nightmares about all those hen nights sometimes.

These days though I just associate some music with jumping up & down spilling drinks everywhere. House of Pain Jump Around, Chelsea Dagger... Don't think I've ever seen any more than a crossed word at a gig in over 2 years. I find that when it comes to the Madness-ish side of things it tends to be lady requesters...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post

These days though I just associate some music with jumping up & down spilling drinks everywhere. House of Pain Jump Around, Chelsea Dagger......
    Nakatomi - now there's a word that strikes fear into me! I'm still getting asked for Children of the Night as, after nearly 20 years, its now a nostalgia tune. I've seen light fittings and pictures hanging on walls bounce around when playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Nakatomi - now there's a word that strikes fear into me! I'm still getting asked for Children of the Night as, after nearly 20 years, its now a nostalgia tune. I've seen light fittings and pictures hanging on walls bounce around when playing this.
    It's quite scary to think how old some of the staple favourites are & how much in demand they are even at younger gigs. Don't they know they're not supposed to like what their parents were into at their age? :O And yes, I much rather would play Bieber, Drake (or hell even Migos) than CoTN & its ilk.