Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: New combination of back up kit

Default New combination of back up kit

I like to think I embrace gadgety tech stuff so have been looking at slimming down the back up. The current back up is a Samsung Notebook 10 with external HD and being controlled via a Pioneer DDJ - WeGo this runs through a ch on the Dennon MC 6000 but has the ability to go stand alone if needed. As back up to the back I have an iPad Pro running the DJPro app and again goes to the MC6000 via the headphone jack.

What I've now done is kind of combined the 2 of them with the DDJ-WeGo controlling the ipad via the DJ pro app (£19.99). As it's the very first WeGo you need to get a usb lead with both data & power and also a Lightning camera adapter (as pictured). You don't need to fork out for the actual Pioneer lead (around £40) I got mine from Amazon but you do need a proper genuine Apple lightning to camera adapter (£29.99) as the ipad knows if you're trying to cheat on it!

Initial testing and all looks and more importantly sounds good. The DJ Pro app is really good connecting to your music on your ipad but also to your Spotify premium account if you have one (although I'm pretty you can't legally play from Spotify for a gig)

Couple of pics and I'll give it a proper "Live" test this weekend.

Name:  2017-06-28 14.08.54 (800x533).jpg
Views: 99
Size:  461.7 KB

Name:  2017-06-28 14.20.42 (800x533).jpg
Views: 100
Size:  437.8 KB
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I set this up for a young relative looking to get into djing as the wego can be gotten very cheap now second hand.
    All works well but it looks pretty easy to have an issue with. ie. the cables and connections seem flimsy or something

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    I set this up for a young relative looking to get into djing as the wego can be gotten very cheap now second hand.
    Perfect piece of starter kit. You can certainly mix on it properly and there's always the "sync" if you're lazy! Good thing about the app is that you can change the key too.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    All works well but it looks pretty easy to have an issue with. ie. the cables and connections seem flimsy or something
    Cables I've got aren't flimsy and the only they'll come out is if you pull them out!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Perfect piece of starter kit. You can certainly mix on it properly and there's always the "sync" if you're lazy! Good thing about the app is that you can change the key too.

Cables I've got aren't flimsy and the only they'll come out is if you pull them out!
    I bought this for same reason as you before giving it to the kid to learn on. Maybe it's just there's so many cables involved in getting it setup.
    Apple really know how to charge for their accessories. If there were a case that you could keep it in would help greatly. Its a great app, I use
    it as my playout on my macbook too with mc6000. Legality of spotify aside, it has been useful on a couple of occasions during weddings when
    i've had an unusual request from the bridal party, including polish and iranian music!