Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Prom Season

Default Prom Season

With Prom season in full flow, I have my first tomorrow and was wondering what songs are in with the age group at the moment.

Aside from the usual normal chart and cheese, is there anything thats in at the moment that I may have missed?

Thank you
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

I would be interested in this in terms of the random 'in' tracks that I may not have ever heard. I have a list of over 200 tracks now and have heard all of them so off too a good start. Having said that a lot of the 30 requests are classics like wanna dance with somebody and queen!!

I have a prom for 300 tomorrow (Friday) so doubt anyone will post anything that useful in that time.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've had 11 proms so far and each one has been totally different apart from one factor - hardly any modern songs lol. To be honest my playlists have been very similar to what I play at weddings.

Thursdays song of the night for example was 'sweet caroline', even I was hesitant playing it
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Yup. Last year I swotted up on all the trending stuff, bought a load of new music I wouldn't ordinarily need & what were the requests that came in from the students? Come On Eileen, Whiney Houston, Town Called Malice, Brightside, Wonderwall... sigh. I think for all they thought they wanted to hear the same (crap) music their parents would dance to, the more modern stuff I played went down much better - I mean to the point where the whole room was bouncing up & down to the beat. The action dance songs (cha cha, macaroni etc) just looked like they were bored, going through the motions (mind, they always do at adult functions too).

I do find it really strange that the 'kids' don't ask for stuff I've never even heard of. IMHO this isn't how things should be. The young are supposed to eschew the music of their elders, aren't they? BUT - on the plus side - and it's a nice point - it's refreshing that they're not blinkered & 'too cool for school' I suppose.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 02-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.

I had the total opposite Friday with my prom.

Had a group who asked for Drum and Bass. When I said yes that's fine they replied "but nothing that's been in the charts, our parents listen to chart music, that's not for us"!

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    hardly any modern songs
    Tell me about it. The one and only prom for me this year and I expected some decent tunage and they just wanted old music!
    I came to a happy medium with 2010-15 ish tracks in the end as modern chart was just not as good.

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Tell me about it. The one and only prom for me this year and I expected some decent tunage and they just wanted old music!
    I came to a happy medium with 2010-15 ish tracks in the end as modern chart was just not as good.

You video prom nights I don't even take photos.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Stone Roses - Fools Gold was a surprise one for me last Thursday.