Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibe? ??

I think handing them the form was a massive no no.

I always put myself in the clients shoes in everything I do work wise and I hate being "sold" to - handing them a booking form is you basically saying - here, book me now!

As my prices have gone up over the past year I've been asked more and more often to meet couples prior to booking - I travel to within a reasonable distance or do it over the phone / skype / facetime and I've only ever lost one and to be fair they were honest that they were price shopping and I didn't get a good vibe off of them anyway (plus their house STANK )

Always leave the ball in their court - I start by telling them it's not a sales pitch (which it isn't) and I'm not going to hard sell me to them (which I don't) and then I finish by telling them to go and have a think about it and get in touch with me if they want to book.

I had a face to face yesterday and as I wound it up with that bit they cut me off and said" "No no no we definitely do want to book you, how do we go about doing that?"

Had a phone call this morning and within 5 minutes she'd text to confirm they wanted to book.

Let them be in control, the last thing you want to do is make them feel pressured.

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The meeting is a two-way thing. They get to see if they would like working with you and you get to see if you would like working with them. Neither party has to commit to anything.

I have a sales background and I would never produce a form or continue with the booking process unless the client had expresses a clear wish to do so. ie. "Would you like to go ahead and reserve the date / book it / proceed with a booking / etc?". If a client feels under pressure to commit they are more likely to cancel when they've had a chance to think it over. Don't let that happen. Be sure it's what they want before signing on the dotted line.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    If a client feels under pressure to commit they are more likely to cancel when they've had a chance to think it over. .
    Or a supplier. I had a whole family surround me at a wedding fair for a wedding in what is the best venues in my area. "I point blank said I am not committing to this now", especially as they were offering cash at my 'from' price. They were rather shocked I think? Later that evening with a good bit of research on Facebook and google I sent them the booking details and they booked all day with MC. What i find amazing is that they booked all their other suppliers this way on the day, even the photographer, whom has to spend all day with them in a much more intimate manner than myself. combined with that you do not know the full logistics of what they want - hence the meeting to go through their plans.

The most off-putting salesman I have ever met was at Vauxhall in Soton. He kept saying "what can I do to make you buy this car today". I wanted to walk out of there as soon as he said that the first time. Unless he had the most amazing deal ever there was know way I was going to buy a car off him. Specifically today.
    Last edited by yourdj; 24-07-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Or a supplier. I had a whole family surround me at a wedding fair for a wedding in what is the best venues in my area. "I point blank said I am not committing to this now", especially as they were offering cash at my 'from' price. They were rather shocked I think? Later that evening with a good bit of research on Facebook and google I sent them the booking details and they booked all day with MC. What i find amazing is that they booked all their other suppliers this way on the day, even the photographer, whom has to spend all day with them in a much more intimate manner than myself. combined with that you do not know the full logistics of what they want - hence the meeting to go through their plans.
    Some people just want to get everything booked and out of the way as soon as they can. I get that. They are the ones that are likely to be less demanding. And I don't mind that at all. In fact, I often wish more people would book on the day at wedding fayres. At least that way I get an early indication that my investion in the fayre isn't wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    ...The most off-putting salesman I have ever met was at Vauxhall in Soton. He kept saying "what can I do to make you buy this car today". I wanted to walk out of there as soon as he said that the first time. Unless he had the most amazing deal ever there was know way I was going to buy a car off him. Specifically today.
    Common sales techniques. Every salesman wants a quick resolution. He gets commission but if you go away to think about it, when you come back, you might see another salesperson and they end up getting the commission even though the first guy did all the hard work. I'm more ethical than that as I want the client to have the best experience throughout the entire process from enquiry, booking, gig to aftersales. It's the way I've always worked and the reason I set my business up - as I saw a gap in the market locally to give the client the best possible experience.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Default Vibe!

I understand all points that have been made, but I had discussion on the phone and certainly gave me the impression they wanted to book me or I WOULDN'T have taken a booking form.
    I didn't hard sell it spoke to them about what they wanted and showed I could accommodate them.
    My gripe is i went to that meeting under false pretences.
    Plus I don't go to meetings on a whim that I may be booked.
    All meetings I have been to the client has made it clear that they will be booking me and they are paying the deposit job done
    This couple gave me the impression they were going to book me never mentioned other Dj's. .

Quote Originally Posted by simon1969 View Post
    I understand all points that have been made, but I had discussion on the phone and certainly gave me the impression they wanted to book me or I WOULDN'T have taken a booking form.
    Out of interest, have you undertaken any sales training? Well worth doing, as it'll help you identify buying signals - and to a degree, get confirmation of their intention without needing to ask them outright.

It's a very useful skill to have - and one that most DJs don't have, because their focus is on the DJ'ing. But we rely on the ability to sell to get bookings, so if you can improve that area, you'll see a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1969 View Post
    Sorry not as soon as I sat down in handed them the form easily misunderstood sorly didn't make that clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Out of interest, have you undertaken any sales training? Well worth doing, as it'll help you identify buying signals - and to a degree, get confirmation of their intention without needing to ask them outright.

It's a very useful skill to have - and one that most DJs don't have, because their focus is on the DJ'ing. But we rely on the ability to sell to get bookings, so if you can improve that area, you'll see a big difference.
    No I haven't and I really don't have the money to do that..

You can have as much sales training as you can afford but the two most important things are first impressions and people need to like you and feel comfortable with you, without those it's a battle you will often lose .

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    You can have as much sales training as you can afford but the two most important things are first impressions and people need to like you and feel comfortable with you, without those it's a battle you will often lose .
    Absolutely - nothing can account for not being a good fit for each other.

People buy from those they know, like and trust.