Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RCF Evox 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I recall Mark Wild buying the Evox 8 and being underwhelmed. He sold and upgraded to the Evox 12 and loves them.
    I agree with that thought (although I keep getting told I am in the minority).

The evox 8 are great and my 'go to' speaker system mainly because they are so easy to handle. They sound fantastic, just run out of steam far too early in my opinion.

The vertus is a lot louder, but not nearly as easy as the evox, nor as nice sounding (although that is personal view).

If you are looking to go down the one speaker route, or do a lot of 18/21 etc I would avoid the evox as they will be too underpowered. If however your priority is ease of handling and the visual appeal, the evox scores really high in this and, in my opinion, is superior to the vertus.

I have to say though, unless the visual appeal is necessary for you, I would avoid any of the drainpipe style speakers. Couple of subs with 12" tops beat them hands down.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Had a listen to the Evox 8 and FBT CS1000 this morning.

CS1000 sounded much better. Granted, they don't look as good but the secure connection and option to angle the tops outweighs that. Plus their slightly louder.

Looking like a sale for the FBT at the moment.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Looking like a sale for the FBT at the moment.
    Or you could save £750, and buy a dB1203, which would blow the FBT out of the park.

That's a bit mischievous, actually, as I don't know when it will be available.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I tried something different with my Evox 8 on Friday night...

I put both subs underneath the booth next to each out, with the tops on speaker stands either side.

WOW! What a difference. The bass travels forward much better - sounds far better on the dancefloor, and further back in the room - and is less bassy in the DJ position.

I'm guessing being 6ft apart either side of a booth is a bad position for the subs - and I've heard coupling them together makes them louder, but I didn't realise how much fuller it would make the sound. I actually had to pull back the bass more, so it'll give me much more headroom on the speakers going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I tried something different with my Evox 8 on Friday night...

I put both subs underneath the booth next to each out, with the tops on speaker stands either side.

WOW! What a difference. The bass travels forward much better - sounds far better on the dancefloor, and further back in the room - and is less bassy in the DJ position.

I'm guessing being 6ft apart either side of a booth is a bad position for the subs - and I've heard coupling them together makes them louder, but I didn't realise how much fuller it would make the sound. I actually had to pull back the bass more, so it'll give me much more headroom on the speakers going forward.
    I used my evox with 2 vertus subs last night - that did sound nice

When I used mine for a prom I added a 900 series sub under the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I used my evox with 2 vertus subs last night - that did sound nice
    Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    When I used mine for a prom I added a 900 series sub under the stage.
    Well I've never felt the need to augment the Maui 5s with bits of other systems, although when I used them for a audience of 500 at a football stadium, I did have a 7k line array as infill.

Seriously, I can't see how adding subs to mine would help, as I've got my subs turned a long way down. If I wanted more, I'd just turn them up. If I wanted louder, I'd use a bigger system, simples. Horses for courses.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

CS1000>Evox 8.

That's coming from a guy who spent about a year researching and listening to compact systems.

The CS1000s are now my bread and butter speakers, with the RCF 905/712 combo coming out when I need more oomph ( one of those technical phrases, that!).

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well I've never felt the need to augment the Maui 5s with bits of other systems, although when I used them for a audience of 500 at a football stadium, I did have a 7k line array as infill.

Seriously, I can't see how adding subs to mine would help, as I've got my subs turned a long way down. If I wanted more, I'd just turn them up. If I wanted louder, I'd use a bigger system, simples. Horses for courses.
    Visual appeal - all they see are a couple of puny sticks for speakers, what they hear is awesome and Auntie Doris sitting at the back doesn't have huge speakers to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    when I need more oomph ( one of those technical phrases, that!).
    Presumably it's different to Watts or Power then, as you can't hear Watts. I assume you can hear Oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Visual appeal - all they see are a couple of puny sticks for speakers, what they hear is awesome and Auntie Doris sitting at the back doesn't have huge speakers to complain about
    Now I do of course appreciate exactly where you're coming from Chris. On Saturday I had the 15" cabs out on tripods, and while on Friday they looked the part, and fitted the venue and function exactly, on Saturday they looked complete overkill. They ran at exactly the same volume the Mauis would have, but they didn't look right to me.