Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New light options

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    No signs of use other than that, going to take a closer look tonight and i'll report back.

RE Lamp use definitely no way of checking according to the manual either.
    still amazing lights but now have to pull out for even more custom gobos...
    Should be getting mine delivered sometime today....

I know what you mean about the custom gobos, It's something I'm going to be looking at for weddings, Halloween etc. Looking at £15 a gobo where i've been looking.

Look at goboland mate, once you figure out their naff website and how to order they are very cheap. roughly £7.50 each plus postage and VAT.
    i think i got 6 (3 pairs) for £56 all in.

Going to look at getting my logo made into a gobo for my heads as its a really nice logo. Only problem would be same sex marriages as it is a Bride and Groom.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Look at goboland mate, once you figure out their naff website and how to order they are very cheap. roughly £7.50 each plus postage and VAT.
    i think i got 6 (3 pairs) for £56 all in.
    That's cheap. Where I've been buying, they're a lot dearer, I'll have to have a look.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That's cheap. Where I've been buying, they're a lot dearer, I'll have to have a look.
    Make sure you select bronze service. They are quite quick anyway.
    I think the postage costs more than 1 gobo which is frightening when you see the size of them!
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Lights came yesterday, (Not check serial numbers on box/light)

Managed to have a quick play in my garage last night. Going to try them out at a wedding this weekend instead of the spin 25's

Few questions:

1) Bag recommendations for carry both units (Ultimately I'll get a swan flight case)
    2) Mounting, i'll be using my overhead for these, just wondering mirror up or down for best results.
    3) DMX, (11chan), I've setup 3 basic scenes, a) S2L, b) slow blue, c) slow white. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the best settings for a S2L show. Currently seems rather quick when rolling. Tried adjusting the tilt/pan speed, but it does not seem to make any difference. Hopefully when I get more time to play I'll get a better understanding.
    4) Custom gobos, what's the process of changing the gobos?
    5) Is it possible to aim the beam at a fixed location, i.e. a fixed pan/tilt position for first dances. At the moment I've set these with a slow tilt, with gobo rotate.

Many thanks

Answers under each question.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    Lights came yesterday, (Not check serial numbers on box/light)

Managed to have a quick play in my garage last night. Going to try them out at a wedding this weekend instead of the spin 25's

Few questions:

1) Bag recommendations for carry both units (Ultimately I'll get a swan flight case)
    Personally i wouldn't go with Bag, id rather go with Really useful box in the short term, keeping some of the foam for protection.

2) Mounting, i'll be using my overhead for these, just wondering mirror up or down for best results.
    I think just normal way, they are designed that way for a reason i guess.

3) DMX, (11chan), I've setup 3 basic scenes, a) S2L, b) slow blue, c) slow white. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the best settings for a S2L show. Currently seems rather quick when rolling. Tried adjusting the tilt/pan speed, but it does not seem to make any difference. Hopefully when I get more time to play I'll get a better understanding.
    I had a quick play with one of mine yesterday, you can get it to go pretty slow, its just finding which number is the slowest on the DMX channel.

4) Custom gobos, what's the process of changing the gobos?
    Haven't looked into this yet, im sure there will be a youtube video somewhere.

5) Is it possible to aim the beam at a fixed location, i.e. a fixed pan/tilt position for first dances. At the moment I've set these with a slow tilt, with gobo rotate.
    With DMX im sure there is, with the DMX software i use i can make XY pads that i assign to my heads/Scans and point it according to the venue.

Many thanks

Checked mine, no damage but its clear they are returns as there was a checklist in one of them. one has to go back as it does not work under DMX. Hopefully they have a replacement.

Answers under each question.

Checked mine, no damage but its clear they are returns as there was a checklist in one of them. one has to go back as it does not work under DMX. Hopefully they have a replacement.
    I thought that at first with one of mine, it was doing unexpected actions under DMX. Noticed that by default on unit was working on 11 channel, and one was on 7. Changing to 11 fixed that.

It's definitely on 11 channel mode, even the LED on the front doesn't light up to show it receiving signal. Even when going out of the other fixture into it when the first one is working (which shows its not the controller or cable)

Looks like they are out of stock so they are going to have to stump up the money so i can get one elsewhere according to the sale of goods act
    "The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (As Amended)

The goods must be:
    • as described
    • of satisfactory quality
    • fit for purpose
    As described refers to any advert or verbal description made by the trader.
    Satisfactory quality covers minor and cosmetic defects as well as substantial problems. It also means that products must last a reasonable time. But it doesn't give you any rights if a fault was obvious or pointed out to you at point of sale.

Fit for purpose covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but any purpose you queried and were given assurances about by the trader.
    If you buy something which doesn't meet these conditions you have the potential right to return it, get a full refund, and if it will cost you more to buy similar goods elsewhere, compensation (to cover the extra cost) too."