Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pricing up events especially NYE.

Default Pricing up events especially NYE

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Thanks for the info and I do understand where you are coming from. I feel that I'm still a newbie and every gig I do is helping with confidence and experience and with time I suppose being able to price up properly will come. At the moment I don't mind working every weekend as I don't work during the week except for trying to get things off the ground. I also Dj and sound engineer at a nightclub after my gigs at the weekend too so yeah weekends are full on but its the only way I can make a living at the moment without having to work in a dreadful job. I would like it to slow down once I have enough money coming in however I've noticed sometimes I lose a booking if I go any higher than what I'm currently charging. I may get regular bookings from this venue that wants me to do the NYE and its on my doorstep so good things may possibly come out of it.

I suppose I need to ask how many people will be attending and if its a ticket event so I can maybe try and determine what I may be able to charge.

Thanks to all for the advice.
    Be careful fella make sure your paid 1st before you even set up, and charge as people have said what you think your worth.
    You sound like you have a lot of knowledge too so put that into your price, people in general expect that you will charge more on NYE so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1969 View Post
    Be careful fella make sure your paid 1st before you even set up, and charge as people have said what you think your worth.
    You sound like you have a lot of knowledge too so put that into your price, people in general expect that you will charge more on NYE so keep that in mind.
    Cheers for the advice Simon, I usually ask for the rest of the payment at the end, my mistake Mind you most of my clients have come up to me to pay at the beginning of the night anyway but I'll definitely bear that in mind from now on.

I think when it comes to pricing up this week I'll start high with a price and see if they faint, if so I'll lower it until they come around

Again thanks to everyone for the advice

Hi again guys.

I'm pleased to say that I've been booked for NYE at a price that I'm happy with!

Thanks again for the help

Hi again guys.

I'm pleased to say that I've been booked for NYE at a price that I'm happy with!

Thanks again for the help
    That's good news, well done that man.

Now just to inject a note of caution ( pessimism? ) do you have a signed contract? Cancellation clause? Sorry to be a Jonah, but it wouldn't be the first time a venue has booked NYE in January, and cancelled mid December.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That's good news, well done that man.

Now just to inject a note of caution ( pessimism? ) do you have a signed contract? Cancellation clause? Sorry to be a Jonah, but it wouldn't be the first time a venue has booked NYE in January, and cancelled mid December.
    Cheers

I'm taking the booking form to them where they have also offered to pay me in full tomorrow. The terms and conditions are on the Website which is highlighted on the form and that the box must be ticked to say T&C's have been read. I may actually add a new one though to the T&C's now you have come to mention it. I'll add something for events like NYE as I definitely would not cancel if I had offers later on down the line that were of a higher amount, therefore I would expect the same loyalty from the venue not to cancel for a cheaper DJ.

Still, I welcome any suggestions from the more experienced such as yourself.

Many thanks

I may actually add a new one though to the T&C's now you have come to mention it. I'll add something for events like NYE as I definitely would not cancel if I had offers later on down the line that were of a higher amount, therefore I would expect the same loyalty from the venue not to cancel for a cheaper DJ.
    Bear in mind, in contract law, a contract must be deemed to be fair and reasonable.

I'm guessing you'd be setting a cancellation charge for the venue should they cancel on you - let's say 100% of the fee.

Therefore, what's the fee to you, if you were to cancel? Just to say you'd refund the monies paid isn't a charge to you. So you too would need to be subject to also paying the venue a cancellation charge, that's of a similar fee to what they would incur if they were to cancel.

The reason I'm highlighting this, is that it should be in the contract to make it fair, if you're going to include a clause stating that you won't cancel - you'd need to support that with some form of fee you'd be liable to pay should you cancel.

Default : Pricing up events especially NYE.

Cheers

I'm taking the booking form to them where they have also offered to pay me in full tomorrow. The terms and conditions are on the Website which is highlighted on the form and that the box must be ticked to say T&C's have been read. I may actually add a new one though to the T&C's now you have come to mention it. I'll add something for events like NYE as I definitely would not cancel if I had offers later on down the line that were of a higher amount, therefore I would expect the same loyalty from the venue not to cancel for a cheaper DJ.

Still, I welcome any suggestions from the more experienced such as yourself.

Many thanks
    Glad you got a good price as other people have mentioned T&C need to be fair getting the all the money before the event does guarantee that neither of you cancel unless something awful happens e.g. flood, fire or you becoming ill etc.
    I'm already booked for new years day and new years eve I did a nice deal for them!!

Quote Originally Posted by simon1969 View Post
    Glad you got a good price as other people have mentioned T&C need to be fair getting the all the money before the event does guarantee that neither of you cancel unless something awful happens e.g. flood, fire or you becoming ill etc.
    I'm already booked for new years day and new years eve I did a nice deal for them!!
    Good to hear you been booked already too. As for anything going wrong around that time, I have other ops and backup equipment on standby therefore I'm confident there will be someone available if I'm not.