Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mono Output

Default Mono Output

I've read a few people in the past saying that PA systems should really be in mono, as very few of your audience are in the true "stereo" position.

I tried this last night for the first time, and all I can say is WOW!

It felt like I had a speaker upgrade - the sound - oddly - is much more full and "solid" sounding.

I really like it and will definitely be continuing this way. I was really surprised at what a difference it made.

If you've not tried it before, well worth giving it a go to see if you feel it makes a difference for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I've read a few people in the past saying that PA systems should really be in mono, as very few of your audience are in the true "stereo" position.

I tried this last night for the first time, and all I can say is WOW!

It felt like I had a speaker upgrade - the sound - oddly - is much more full and "solid" sounding.

I really like it and will definitely be continuing this way. I was really surprised at what a difference it made.

If you've not tried it before, well worth giving it a go to see if you feel it makes a difference for you.
    I use mono. Definitely my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I use mono. Definitely my preference.
    I would like to give this a go, can I run in mono with a Denon 6000MK2 controller?

Sorry I was a bit hasty in asking, I have just looked online at the MC6000MK2 manual and it has a Stereo/Mono switch on the back
    so if I switch it over to mono should do it, will give this a try this evening.

Tops in Stereo , subs in Mono

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboy View Post
    Sorry I was a bit hasty in asking, I have just looked online at the MC6000MK2 manual and it has a Stereo/Mono switch on the back
    Hmmm...may have to have an experiment myself this weekend and see what it's like

For those who use Virtual DJ, I use the not so obviously named "Stereo Channel" plugin on the Master Output:

https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/in...&search=stereo

Choose Left and Right and it does it all for you in the software.

Always used mono, a bit louder. Unless you are running Jimi Hendrix then it's not that noticeable.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboy View Post
    Can't believe I missed that switch - would have been far easier for me than installing a plugin!!

OK - used said switch tonight and sure enough....glorious mono came out of the PA (in fact even the cans were in mono too!).

Verdict - unsure to be honest. It sounded OK, certainly a lot more bass (yup....no sound limitation devices for me this week ), and a lot more punchy but at the same time flatter and sort of old fashioned like how we used to roll.

But there just seemed to be some clarity missing...sort of like looking through a telescope rather than binoculars if that makes sense.