Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
We stayed in Birmingham last year as we wanted to go for some drinks, but found Birmingham not a very nice place at all. We will be staying at the Crown Plaza Right opposite, so nice and close to all the parties etc. I don't understand why people book crap hotels in the middle of nowhere for the sake of saving £30.
Perhaps because we booked at www.craphotelsmiddleofnowhere.com ? There are parts of Birmingham which are downright lovely, Toby, and not far from Broad Street. And no matter where you are, if the company is good, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
Oh I don't know, Peter, Twinspin, Davesounds and me found a very nice little bar next to the Travel Lodge we were in last year. We even approached by a couple of "nice" young ladies before we'd even perched.
That was a nice bar, and the young ladies were very friendly, weren't they? One of them seemed to like John quite a bit, didn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
The long walk through Brum to find Steve and Angela though with at least three of us being decrepit and unable to navigate with a smartphone.....that was the sort of thing they used to make a long running TV series about
Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
Ha navigating around brum centre with Google maps on a phone? Been there. Got that t-shirt never mind the money I saved on a room it cost me 40 quid in shoe leather.
I shall miss the walking tours of Birmingham, especially as nowadays I'm supposed to walk lots.