Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2017

Our clan from the NE are staying next door to the venue. After missing out on the free shindig by going into town a decision was made to cut out hassle & stay near the action. Except this year apparently there's not gonna be an after party (at time of writing this). Well not a free drinkies one anyway. As far as we know. Hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The EV system?
    It was....and then they launched it last night and to be honest, I'm not impressed with the specs at that particular price point. For a couple of hundred more you can get the dB ES1203 or for just a little more you're in Blue Acoustic M2 territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    or for just a little more you're in Blue Acoustic M2 territory.
    And having heard the M2 - WOW!!

It really is in a field of its own.

It is, and I know somebody that's got one.

Ugly little blighter though

Funny enough, Ken at Blue Acoustic had a used 4 box "Blue Rig" system for sale a couple of days ago for just £2.5k (he says it's very similar to the M2 in terms of performance). I missed out on that one and didn't fancy the drive to Llangollen to collect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Our clan from the NE are staying next door to the venue. After missing out on the free shindig by going into town a decision was made to cut out hassle & stay near the action. Except this year apparently there's not gonna be an after party (at time of writing this). Well not a free drinkies one anyway. As far as we know. Hum.
    We stayed in Birmingham last year as we wanted to go for some drinks, but found Birmingham not a very nice place at all. We will be staying at the Crown Plaza Right opposite, so nice and close to all the parties etc. I don't understand why people book crap hotels in the middle of nowhere for the sake of saving £30.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Oh I don't know, Peter, Twinspin, Davesounds and me found a very nice little bar next to the Travel Lodge we were in last year. We even approached by a couple of "nice" young ladies before we'd even perched.

The big advantage was being able to buy real beer (you know, in a pint pot with bits floating in it) instead of the trendy Euro-fizz muck they were giving away at the Plaza.

The long walk through Brum to find Steve and Angela though with at least three of us being decrepit and unable to navigate with a smartphone.....that was the sort of thing they used to make a long running TV series about

Ha navigating around brum centre with Google maps on a phone? Been there. Got that t-shirt never mind the money I saved on a room it cost me 40 quid in shoe leather.

We bumped into andy neen & Shaun so we all ended up going for a curry & ultimately wound up in wetherspoons. Which was about as much fun as a spoons can possibly be. This year will be more about bpm for me. Planning to see loads more seminars & do more networking.

It'll be great to catch up with people though

Gutted i can't make it!

A lesson to all, when trying for a baby, feign injury 9 months prior to BPM that renders you incapable of getting it on.

I will name this child Jazzy Jeff as a sign of my anger.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Nice hotel, the Crowne Plaza there.

One plus about being the resident DJ at a Holiday Inn is being able to get discount rates at IHG Group Hotels. Staying at the Crowne Plaza at Manchester Airport next Monday for £49.

I've managed to save the money on a room AND be on site near the complex

IBIS budget at Birmingham Airport is still at a bargain price: https://www.booking.com/searchresult...empty&sshis=0&