Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2017

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    We stayed in Birmingham last year as we wanted to go for some drinks, but found Birmingham not a very nice place at all. We will be staying at the Crown Plaza Right opposite, so nice and close to all the parties etc. I don't understand why people book crap hotels in the middle of nowhere for the sake of saving £30.
    Perhaps because we booked at www.craphotelsmiddleofnowhere.com ? There are parts of Birmingham which are downright lovely, Toby, and not far from Broad Street. And no matter where you are, if the company is good, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Oh I don't know, Peter, Twinspin, Davesounds and me found a very nice little bar next to the Travel Lodge we were in last year. We even approached by a couple of "nice" young ladies before we'd even perched.
    That was a nice bar, and the young ladies were very friendly, weren't they? One of them seemed to like John quite a bit, didn't she?

The long walk through Brum to find Steve and Angela though with at least three of us being decrepit and unable to navigate with a smartphone.....that was the sort of thing they used to make a long running TV series about
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Ha navigating around brum centre with Google maps on a phone? Been there. Got that t-shirt never mind the money I saved on a room it cost me 40 quid in shoe leather.
    I shall miss the walking tours of Birmingham, especially as nowadays I'm supposed to walk lots.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Perhaps because we booked at www.craphotelsmiddleofnowhere.com ? There are parts of Birmingham which are downright lovely, Toby, and not far from Broad Street. And no matter where you are, if the company is good, that's all that matters.

That was a nice bar, and the young ladies were very friendly, weren't they? One of them seemed to like John quite a bit, didn't she?

I shall miss the walking tours of Birmingham, especially as nowadays I'm supposed to walk lots.
    Finally got around to booking into Ye Olde Crown Plaza

Wasn't the cheapest of rooms, but includes brekkie and parking the chariot, so when you take those into account (I seem to remember parking was extortionate last year), it's suddenly not too bad

We will be staying at the Crown Plaza Right opposite.
    Finally got around to booking into Ye Olde Crown Plaza
    Next to Toby. How nice.

Next to Toby. How nice.
    It's a big hotel . He'll be in the executive suite....I'm near the bar

Default what hotels are you staying in

I'm considering returning to bpm after a 3 year break due to the wedding season and my bookings bookings. Just before I book what hotels are you staying in?

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    I'm considering returning to bpm after a 3 year break due to the wedding season and my bookings bookings. Just before I book what hotels are you staying in?
    Toby and myself appear to be sharing the Crown Plaza

Toby and myself appear to be sharing the Crown Plaza
    I am wondering if there are an fish in that lake? A spot of night fishing would be fun.

I too will be in the bar, I just booked a room that sleeps 3, incase anyone else comes along with me. I will be looking at the penthouse though for next year as its pretty cheap and should house a quite few people. Would be cool to have a mini after party up there. I am imagining pretty woman room, but its probably just a large room with a lounge and big bathroom tbh.

I do agree that its the company that counts Peter and there are some wonderful bars, pubs, restaurants and some amazing architecture to looks at (especially the canals), so in that respect I am wrong. Most importantly its the birth place of heavy metal and the shopping centre is also amazing. . the people I have seen there just let it down. Tons of gangs and not very nice individuals judging by the last 3 times we have gone there and walked about at night. Reading (town centre) is like that too, even Mark Walsh commended on what a dump it is (people wise) in the seminar I did up there. Having said that, its probably just me as I am not a big city fan especially when its full of miserable gits. It's not just foreigners here for the work (after all I am married to one) but also a huge English population of dossers and general ner-do-wells. Southampton is no better. Huge generalisation and verging on a political comment, but its a shame that UK cities have gone/are going that way.
    Last edited by yourdj; 06-09-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

there are some wonderful bars, pubs, restaurants and some amazing architecture to looks at
    Ey-up - we missed the architecture Peter

All I remember is a bar, streets (lots and lots of streets), another bar with a bewhiskered Victorian fella drinking real beer, a quick dash to McDonalds before catching the train to the after party, lots of free Euro-fizz, an expensive taxi ride back and a kebab at 3am.

Nope....definitely didn't see any architecture.

All I remember is a bar, streets (lots and lots of streets), another bar with a bewhiskered Victorian fella drinking real beer, a quick dash to McDonalds before catching the train to the after party, lots of free Euro-fizz, an expensive taxi ride back and a kebab at 3am.

LOL.

Birmingham is full of really pretty industrial buildings.
    A lot of the big bars have some amazing ƒeatures as a lot of banks etc. have been converted.

Not to mention a lot of the modern stuff that has replaced the buildings that Hilter bombed, especially the bullring, its awesome.

Name:  the-old-joint-stock-pub.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  49.6 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

We saw everything else, including a whole lot of devastation! Hope they've rebuilt it by now.

Right, glossing over the annual walking tour, the Corabars last year believed they'd cracked it. They stayed at the Ibis Budget, Birmingham Central which they were very happy with.
    It's allegedly well within walking distance from the station ( mind you, according to previous years, so is Coalville!! ) but best of all, it has a car park.

The cunning plan is arrive at hotel, get vehicle booked in, and walk to station. Just over a quid gets you to the NEC, for another brisk walk, and you've not only saved over a tenner per day in parking charges, but you can have a drinkypoos as well.

Sadly, I'm looking unlikely to be able to avail myself of this, as I'm harvesting spuds in October.