Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Move COMPLETE!

Image size has been restricted for many years. Nothing to do with space requirements. More so to do with larger sizes screwing up the formatting of the forum, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    (Admin, I don't know if its just me but having to resize images to under 800 x is really getting on my nerves, I am sure you must have installed something before that auto resized, as it only started after the new hosting plan)
    Nope, it's as it has always been Toby. Unless you can find a post where you've posted a larger image in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Nope, it's as it has always been Toby. Unless you can find a post where you've posted a larger image in the past?
    I think Toby is suggesting he's uploaded larger photos in the past, but the website has resized them on upload to the 800px width.

Currently he's now having to make them less than 800px before they'll even upload.

Nah i used to post all sorts of images from my computer and linked photos and never had any issues. It may have used to have been like that, but it changed a long time ago as i don't remember ever having to resize. I remember in the first year Sean told me to make a photo smaller in 2008/9 or about then, as it took up loads of room (proof you could post large pictures), but I have been posting images well over 1000 x photos since 2009 and not had a problem until recently. I have always reduced photos to web friendly 1200 x ones and posted them on here.

I will troll my posts from the start and try and find it or one that has larger images, i only have to go back before the change over probably.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Hi, found am image (kind to OP related too) that the forum produced 756 × 600 image and the original image which is 1200 x 952. 95% sure this is the exact image I used so I guess the forum had some sort of resize tool?? I am no expert so I may be wrong, but its the only image like that with the same file name from the same website (as per the signature on the bottom of the image).

Name:  11881.png
Views: 107
Size:  339.7 KB

Name:  forum.png
Views: 103
Size:  420.1 KB

http://www.kenrockwell.com/sigma/18-35mm-f18.htm
    Last edited by yourdj; 19-10-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Nah i used to post all sorts of images from my computer and linked photos and never had any issues. It may have used to have been like that, but it changed a long time ago as i don't remember ever having to resize. I remember in the first year Sean told me to make a photo smaller in 2008/9 or about then, as it took up loads of room (proof you could post large pictures), but I have been posting images well over 1000 x photos since 2009 and not had a problem until recently. I have always reduced photos to web friendly 1200 x ones and posted them on here.

I will troll my posts from the start and try and find it or one that has larger images, i only have to go back before the change over probably.
    Looking into this just now, but as far as I can tell there has never been automatic resizing and nothing has changed since the move. Auto resizing would have been an installed mod, which would have come over in the move even if it stopped working, but there's no sign of any such mod being installed.

FYI the database is showing a total of 640 attachments for your account

Hi, found am image (kind to OP related too) that the forum produced 756 × 600 image and the original image which is 1200 x 952. 95% sure this is the exact image I used so I guess the forum had some sort of resize tool?? I am no expert so I may be wrong, but its the only image like that with the same file name from the same website (as per the signature on the bottom of the image).
    I guess finding past posts isn't going to prove things either way, if you're claiming the forum auto-resized them...

Looking into this just now, but as far as I can tell there has never been automatic resizing and nothing has changed since the move. Auto resizing would have been an installed mod, which would have come over in the move even if it stopped working, but there's no sign of any such mod being installed...
    I take that back...it's a default option in vB. It's enabled, but not working (the error message it gives when you try it suggests this, i.e. "failed to resize"). It's probably an issue with the GD or ImageMagick settings, give me 10 mins....

Test upload (original 2400x1800 - 788Kb)

Name:  nor_f16c_afganistan.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  93.7 KB

Can you try now, Toby?

Note that there's still a limit of: -

Width: 2592px
    Height: 1944px

Anything exceeding either of these will fail and need to be resized manually (which has, definitely, always been the case).

I take that back...it's a default option in vB. It's enabled, but not working

So if I understand correctly, Toby was right, and everyone else was wrong?

I'm going outside, I may be gone some time.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk