Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Truss booth

Default Equinox Truss booth

My quest for a new booth at a price I liked ended 2 fridays ago when I took delivery of this fella courtesy of Phase One. My order comprised a trussbooth & 4 globaltruss swivel couplers. On my way home from work I dropped by Amari Plastics to pick up 3 sections cut from an 8x4 foot sheet (£72).

Some work with a jigsaw later, after a visit to a nearby vinyl printing shop (£25 for 1m x70cm)...

Backlit with a chauvet washfx...
    Name:  FB_IMG_1503833037915.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  29.2 KB

I rather like it, though I realised that when the pic was taken (buffet time) I needed to dim my lights. Quite a lot. So I did.

The pros of the booth- assembly is really quick & simple. It's dead easy to add poles for uprights. It's dead easy to mount stuff onto. It's light. It looks modern...oh & it (just) fits my Berlingo fully assembled (but folded up).

The cons.. As it comes the booth feels very open & needs fairly severe cable management to look tidy. Adding all that 3mm opal perspex has doubled the weight. It's still manageable. The quality of the welding, from an aesthetic point of view, will attract criticism from people experienced in fabrication. Also the angles of the cross braces aren't equal. Fairly minor points IMHO but worth taking into account when considering this booth against the liteconsole elite or the other xprs booths.

My verdict-it's a hit!
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 27-08-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Looks great, Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Looks great, Justin.
    Thanks Benny. A lot!

I had misgivings about going branded but I think I've done it tastefully. I'm going to replace the front board with a proper custom printed one before long. Maybe with my web address as a marquee around the edges. Someone i know commented I'd missed off my phone number. Er no. I hadn't forgotten to add it. Put a prominent mobile number on & you might as well just be using a loose hanging vinyl banner imho.

As for whether the booth is 'weddingy' enough the jury hasn't yet returned a verdict. If anything I'm hoping to do significantly less of those next year anyway. Custom starcloot anyone?

I bought a couple for xmas and they seem excellent value for money, especially compared to the competitors out there.

Never used it in action yet as personally I don't like them for weddings, but think they be great for parties and so quick to assemble - also good if looking for a different setup for parties and weddings.

Agree about the phone number, but nothing wrong in a little subtle advertising (plus I prefer people to email rather than phone anyway)
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Branding? On a DJ stand? At somebody's wedding?

Shocking behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Branding? On a DJ stand? At somebody's wedding?

Shocking behaviour.
    Heinous, make no mistake

I wouldn't care but someone keeps putting the cake table in front

When I unloaded last night I tried my dirt cheap 10W battery powered LED worklight behind it just for giggles.

Name:  _20170828_171016.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  69.6 KB

Omigerd! Look at the spread & evenness (granted it wasn't fully unfolded). Might have to try an rgb version... (hopefully with a safe uk psu too mind)

Glad you dimmed it Justin, In that colour it looks like Superman would start to lose his powers.

Looks good though.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Name:  DSC_0478-001b.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  193.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_0722b.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  192.8 KB

I can do no logo or logo, but im dont subscribe to logos spoil weddings
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Default nice

Nice little set up that, Andy......where did you get the stand from and for how much £270??

The clue is in the thread title. It's the equinox truss booth, retailing for £279.

It's a very versatile booth & lends itself to all kinds of mods. Andy had his powder coated black. Me, I prefer mine au naturale...

Somebody in one of the groups on Faceache has even widened his to 6 foot!