Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: LiteConsole....disappointed with customer service.....

Default LiteConsole....disappointed with customer service.....

I'm sorry to post this one...but Peter and Alan will both attest to this. I'm really upset by this one!

I'm the proud owner of one of the first LiteConsole Elites in the country. It's a fantastic booth, it will repel all borders with no problems and it's quick and easy to set up.....however....there is room for improvement.

Seeing Ollie at BPM this weekend....I made a couple of suggestions

The black plastic feet of mine keep falling off. The "solution" I was offered was to buy a tube of Superglue! Erm....I don't spend nearly a grand for something and expect to be told to purchase a tube of sticky stuff....sorry!

The big LiteConsoles now have an optional perspex screen which clips to the top to stop beer spillage....brilliant idea in my book as the booth is a little lower than for example, the Equinox starry job. The price, a shocking £199, and there are absolutely NO plans to translate this to the Elite! Why? It's easy enough to do! I'm going to make my own.

I asked about replaceable aluminium panels for the sides and front (it's really NOT complicated)...all I want is to be able to turn it white for a wedding. The answer? "Go find a local fabricator"...sorry...for that investment...not on!

And finally...I dared to ask about some sort of upright kit. Not overhead....just a way of fastening poles to the side of the booth for something akin to Wizards or Intimidator 305's to sit on. Several of us have done it and indeed showed Ollie photos of it this weekend...the response? No chance because it'll make the booth unstable. Sorry...no IT WON'T! several of us are doing it already with no problems.

I'm sorely disappointed. I invested a LOT of money into that booth, and the customer service is absolute pants! I shall continue to make my own mods (as are others) to make it do what I want it to do. It shouldn't be that way but....

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm sorely disappointed. I invested a LOT of money into that booth, and the customer service is absolute pants! I shall continue to make my own mods (as are others) to make it do what I want it to do. It shouldn't be that way but....
    Peter will confirm that the customer service aspect seemed woefully lacking. Than nice man next to me couldn't get them to make him a plain black cloth to cover it all, and even when I said I wouldn't buy one until they did, that cut no ice.

Re uprights, I know some folk have had success with round clamps.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I must admit that I was a bit disappointed with Nick at LiteConcole. We walked by the stand and I stopped to say hello to him and asked him how business was. I appreciate that there was no reasonable expectation that he'd remember me, but once I mentioned my name and said that I already own an XPRS, he went straight into trying to sell me on the branding potential and showing me a laser cut top panel (without actually asking me whether I have my LC branded up, or whether I had any needs for my LC). It took three seconds for me to feel like a faceless drone that he was trying to sell to.

There was a nice lady there who was quite helpful and we saw the perspex screen. Decent idea, but I don't know if I deem it worthy enough to have one myself. I also spoke to Alex (I think his name was) and he was showing me the new aluminium panels for the shelves. That idea I do like and, from what I can see, the plastic kick plate for the front of the XPRS has also been replaced with aluminium. The top slanted shelf for the laptop in it's new aluminium guise can be flipped over to become a straight shelf, so a couple of movers can sit on there (my movers are too big for that feature, but I can see the logic). The other shelves...well, we have a metal upper shelf but the bottom one is still in the making. Two metal and one plastic on my LiteConsole won't do me. And I was taken aback a bit by the price - I think it was about £250 for the larger upper shelf, but if I bought one at the show it'd be half the price. I'm sorry, but if you're happy enough to drop the price by half and still make money, that doesn't sit right with me.

When all the metal shelves are available, I'll look into it again. I'm still a proud XPRS owner and I think that it looks the knees of the bee but I guess the cheaper and much more customisable Opti CS-150 stand is taking it's toll. The Opti does look a lot better than when it was first introduced a few years ago.

Having now seen liteconsole stuff up close & in person I can say the build quality is amazing - especially compared to my (much cheaper) Truss Booth.

I was looking at the Elite console & asked about the possibility of an upright kit - "ah, we don't do one & aren't planning to do one so you'll have to make one yourself - but look (pointing at the front verticals) there's enough room between here & the plastic to get a clamp"... which I figured was helpful since I was already pondering that. I don't think I'd be happy with the lack of all round support for the front section on the Elite, mind. That's the last place I want the booth to be flexy.

Re uprights attached to tubing, for my Equinox truss booth I use 4 of these babies:

https://www.djanddiscostuff.com/cons...r-5036d-p3733/

I run with uprights attached every gig & I've tested this format with a trusslite overhead bar (for my 'big' rig) too.

As for pricing - I found their booth scrappage scheme intriguing. I mean, they were knocking £100 or so off the cost of a booth & giving you a label to courier your old booth off to be (presumably) destroyed! Why not just knock that off the price & save themselves the cost of shipping some junk booth around?

The Opti booth - one of my mates had one. It lasted a couple of gigs before he decided it was way too much like hard work.

The comment about the uprights was disappointing. Apparently it would make it too unstable, and yet there were two of use standing in front of him showing it can be done safely.

Here's how my uprights are attached (yes, they really are jubilee clips)

Name:  IMG_0214.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  53.3 KB

Unfortunately they're black, and I'd dearly love to find some white, chrome or aluminium telescopic poles because it just works

The comment about the uprights was disappointing. Apparently it would make it too unstable, and yet there were two of use standing in front of him showing it can be done safely.

Here's how my uprights are attached (yes, they really are jubilee clips)

Name:  IMG_0214.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  53.3 KB

Unfortunately they're black, and I'd dearly love to find some white, chrome or aluminium telescopic poles because it just works
    With a few carefully placed cuts in the plastic you should be able to get some Global Truss swivel couplers in there instead - then there'll be no need for telescopic anything

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    With a few carefully placed cuts in the plastic you should be able to get some Global Truss swivel couplers in there instead - then there'll be no need for telescopic anything
    Now hold on a cotton picking minute here Musky. We've got a booth costing a grand, and you're lashing poles to it externally with jubilee clips and scaffolding clamps, after taking an angle grinder to it?
    I hate to break this to you, but Ultimax and DSB offerings come complete with factory designed mountings for internal poles.

Just saying.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now hold on a cotton picking minute here Musky. We've got a booth costing a grand, and you're lashing poles to it externally with jubilee clips and scaffolding clamps, after taking an angle grinder to it?
    I hate to break this to you, but Ultimax and DSB offerings come complete with factory designed mountings for internal poles.

Just saying.
    I know (they're not as sexy though )

I'm actually looking at coming away from the poles on the side anyway (which is why they're not permanent). I like the look of the Gravity lighting poles with the flat bases A LOT, and might soon be contacting our resident DJ supplier for a small delivery

I like the look of the Gravity lighting poles with the flat bases A LOT
    I use Gravity and have been very impressed by them as they are a lot cheaper than K&M.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/