Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox Truss booth

Threaded View

Default Equinox Truss booth

My quest for a new booth at a price I liked ended 2 fridays ago when I took delivery of this fella courtesy of Phase One. My order comprised a trussbooth & 4 globaltruss swivel couplers. On my way home from work I dropped by Amari Plastics to pick up 3 sections cut from an 8x4 foot sheet (£72).

Some work with a jigsaw later, after a visit to a nearby vinyl printing shop (£25 for 1m x70cm)...

Backlit with a chauvet washfx...
    Name:  FB_IMG_1503833037915.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  29.2 KB

I rather like it, though I realised that when the pic was taken (buffet time) I needed to dim my lights. Quite a lot. So I did.

The pros of the booth- assembly is really quick & simple. It's dead easy to add poles for uprights. It's dead easy to mount stuff onto. It's light. It looks modern...oh & it (just) fits my Berlingo fully assembled (but folded up).

The cons.. As it comes the booth feels very open & needs fairly severe cable management to look tidy. Adding all that 3mm opal perspex has doubled the weight. It's still manageable. The quality of the welding, from an aesthetic point of view, will attract criticism from people experienced in fabrication. Also the angles of the cross braces aren't equal. Fairly minor points IMHO but worth taking into account when considering this booth against the liteconsole elite or the other xprs booths.

My verdict-it's a hit!
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 27-08-2017 at 11:36 AM.