Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Customer wants to pay by credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I have never needed to take an in person payment for a disco.

What situation are you looking for it to solve?

Worth noting that because this is contactless, and not Chip and Pin, the contactless limit of £100 will apply. Sid will be able to take full payment for the disco through it.
    How short memories some people have. The sad, sad story I told in Another Place of a gentleman of itinerant nature turning me and the venue over on a short notice function. The £100 limit would have been a problem, but if I'd even got that after all the work, it would have covered my diesel and a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    As long as you have an iPhone!

Apple Pay / Google Pay would probably work, though, getting around the £100 limit if you had to?
    Iphone, check. Lucifer's had an advert out for years for heating engineers, since I got one. It works for Android too, yes the site is confusing, but if I ever go back to Android, it's a total certainty that Hades will be naught but glaciers!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    How short memories some people have. The sad, sad story I told in Another Place of a gentleman of itinerant nature turning me and the venue over on a short notice function. The £100 limit would have been a problem, but if I'd even got that after all the work, it would have covered my diesel and a drink.
    I'm not sure this would have been the solution in that particular situation.

But that said, it's a free app, so no harm in setting it up so you have it to hand. You only pay per transaction taken.

But payment in advance is always the resolution for those issues!

I will say, for business accounts, Natwest are about the best value for money there is right now - especially as they also offer free access to the pretty decent Free Agent accountancy software, which can save quite a few pounds each month from not needing to purchase similar software elsewhere. And little things like this app just help very small businesses who don't process lots of transactions each day.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

But payment in advance is always the resolution for those issues!

In the case quoted, it could have resulted in a free ride in an ambulance!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk