Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Destination Weddings

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Wedding planners = people who aren't talented enough to offer a service but can sell one. Needless people
    I take it you don't live with one then. My wife works bloody hard helping people with their weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I take it you don't live with one then. My wife works bloody hard helping people with their weddings.
    I don't Matty, my wife is a nurse.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Wedding planners = people who aren't talented enough to offer a service but can sell one. Needless people
    Bit below the belt and unnecessary.

It would be easy to write similar remarks about djs.

Suddenly not allowed an opinion are we. I would agree with DJs, I spent the vast majority of my life doing other jobs, Im a DJ for the easy life now

Try Fuerteventura.

Admittedly I've not yet tried Tenerife (am going in December), but am aware of its "lifestyle"

Lanzarote is OK, but Fuerteventura pips it for me in terms of being laid back and chilled.
    Ive never been to Fuerteventura but would second lanza. Was there last year and going back this because I was so impressed with the relaxed feel of the place. Great out of season temperatures, different landscapes, lovely seas.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 09-11-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Bit below the belt and unnecessary.

It would be easy to write similar remarks about djs.
    There are similarities though - I know some great DJs, but know a lot more poor DJs.

Wedding planners are like that too, I have worked with a few great ones who really have made a difference and produced the wedding of the couples dreams. Likewise though I have worked with many clueless ones, quite often people who have been recently married, planned their own wedding then think "I might as well become a wedding planner".

Unfortunately the reputation of Wedding Planners as a whole is similar to that of DJs - we really aren't highly thought of.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    There are similarities though - I know some great DJs, but know a lot more poor DJs.

Unfortunately the reputation of Wedding Planners as a whole is similar to that of DJs - we really aren't highly thought of.
    Exactly, which is why a 'sweeping statement' is a bit silly.

There's certainly no 'easy life' to being a wedding DJ. I feel a lot of pressure to get everything perfect.

Ok yes it was a sweeping statement. My view is simply that unless your in the filthy rich where you don't really have the time to do the organisation its taking away the control that most people want. But that is my view. I think a wedding planner will have a set of suppliers and you wont get the fluidity.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Ok yes it was a sweeping statement. My view is simply that unless your in the filthy rich where you don't really have the time to do the organisation its taking away the control that most people want. But that is my view. I think a wedding planner will have a set of suppliers and you wont get the fluidity.
    I've still got plenty of control with the planner I chose, but I'll tell you something for nothing: having someone in Gibraltar who can offer me a steer and give me options that she would put her name next to is such a huge weight off my shoulders. Were I to wed in this country, I dare say it would be incredibly easy for me to organise. It's a bit more of a ball ache when I'm not there to organise a wedding and having that 'woman on the ground' to be my point of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I can't even imagine how hard it can be. I've helped to organize my sister's wedding, it was a nightmare. So many things to be in control of. We wanted to make it all on our own and as for me, I will ask professionals to organize mine. It was supposed to be this summer, but I guess we will have to postpone it. So far we found a company offering photographers and destinations [LINK REMOVED].
    Last edited by Marc J; 06-04-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catscantswim View Post
    I can't even imagine how hard it can be. I've helped to organize my sister's wedding, it was a nightmare. So many things to be in control of. We wanted to make it all on our own and as for me, I will ask professionals to organize mine. It was supposed to be this summer, but I guess we will have to postpone it. So far we found a company offering photographers and destinations [LINK REMOVED].
    I've removed the obvious spammy link from your first post. It shows all signs of spam - a generic reply to a 3 year old topic, from a USA IP address with a link... your account is approved for now but the mod team here won't hesitate to ban you if you continue to spam links.