So I took Mrs. Benny and The Spud to the wedding show at the NEC for three reasons: firstly, to catch up with some suppliers who I kew were exhibiting. Secondly, I was given the chance to exhibit myself but I wanted to see what the deal was and then consider it for the spring show and finally, because Mrs. B and I would like to get married in Gibraltar and are on the lookout for a planner who can offer a steer (actually, we want to get married in Majorca, but you have to marry in the UK first and then get a blessing in Majorca - kinda defeats the purpose).

We've got a good idea of what we want, and are flexible on a lot of things but we have a photographer that we want to use - a guy I have worked with loads and he is fantastic at what he does.

Every planner yesterday basically said what's the point in hiring them if I'm picking my own 'tog.

Is this an actual thing with planners - nobody will be flexible over one supplier?

And I'm not going to exhibit at the Spring show. Too much of a cluster muck. As a potential client, I hated it.