Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting yet another new website

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Indeed I am aiming to come across as alternative - an alternative to what potential clients expect from their Wedding DJ.
    I look forward to seeing your new site.

It's good to stand for something, and be 'different'.

As you say, too many DJs are all too similar. It's one of the reasons they get compared on price - because there's little else to distinguish them from their 'competitors'.

What I'll be interested to see is how you tie up the image with the rest of your site and the wording you use, so that you come across as an alternative choice, but not 'underground' (unless of course, that's the direction you're heading).

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm minded to delete this post before that Scot with Photoshop sees it. He's a bit too handy with it for my liking. Since that would be over zealous censorship, I can't justify it.
    I'm a dab hand with the Shoppe of Photos myself....but really can't bring myself to do it at this time of night and not have nightmares

However....a vast quantity of Meade will be required on Sunday night to prevent future yearnings to create such an image

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Be careful with the image you present through these photos. You may come across a little too "alternative" (unless that's the style you're going for). It's looking a little too urban in places (so unless you're a rap/hip hop dj you may be communicating the wrong message)

I think this one is best for your website

http://i67.tinypic.com/28r08qc.jpg
    To me this would scream 'rock dj', but then again beards, tattoos, graffiti is trendy at the moment so I may be just being old.

worth asking some female friends of yours, they might like the edgy rock star look for their wedding DJ. After all this is one of the best paid DJ's in the world:

Name:  Deadmau5-press-photo-credit-Jess-Baumung-2016-billboard-1548.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  383.4 KB

I would personally usually use one with a smile, no 2 is the obvious candidate for a wedding/private function dj website. I always like the idea of one 'out of the job' photo (with the family is always nice) and one or two Djing photos.

(Admin, I don't know if its just me but having to resize images to under 800 x is really getting on my nerves, I am sure you must have installed something before that auto resized, as it only started after the new hosting plan)

Last edited by yourdj; 19-10-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

My personal favorites out of these are 2 and 11.

Putting preferences aside for a second, on a technical note, it might be worth taking a flash with you on the next session (or doing some selective lightening in post). On some of these your face and front are in deep shadow (9, 11, 12 and 15 and to a lesser extent, 2 and 4). On some it adds to the character of the image, in others you're just either losing the detail in your face in shadow or blowing out backgrounds.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

It's quite an interesting concept to somebody who hasn't tried to nail down a specific niche. I think it could work for you though, when I see your photos I think I wouldn't pick those photos for my site if it were me but I don't think I wouldn't hire that DJ for my wedding, in fact I have quite the opposite opinion looking at the photos.

#2 or #3 for me

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

So I've been given access to the Beta of the new site.

It's very much still being developed, so the content and pictures will need updating but the overall feel and the layout of the site is pretty much there (although the site needs a bit of tweeking for mobile devices - you'll see why if you have a looksie).

So here it is. What do you guys think of the overall 'feel' of it? I'm really happy with the look, if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    So I've been given access to the Beta of the new site.

It's very much still being developed, so the content and pictures will need updating but the overall feel and the layout of the site is pretty much there (although the site needs a bit of tweeking for mobile devices - you'll see why if you have a looksie).

So here it is. What do you guys think of the overall 'feel' of it? I'm really happy with the look, if I'm honest.
    Love the video at the top of the homepage - why not maybe do a video intro on your "about" page too if you are confident in front of the camera - I think photos are great but video is definitely the way forward.

Maybe check spelling - Corporate
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

At first glance after clicking on the link, I'd say it looks like the dogs dangly bits Benny.
    The quality of the video is great and most importantly, shows you at work and I think that's a big plus point straight away.
    As a fellow DJ, albeit a part-time one nowadays, I was impressed when I saw it and I think the casual viewer will be more than that.

I'll have a good look around the site but first impressions are that it looks great.

EDIT - Just one thing I am not sure of and that's the font used. Looking at the 'Latest News' page, the font looks ok in large format as a main title on the page but the 'Magma T-Shirts...' subtitle is a bit hard on the eyes when the font is smaller and looks like it is bold.

It might just be me though. I've literally just started wearing glasses as my eyes are going downhill a bit.
    Last edited by Shakermaker Promotions; 07-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Definitely looking good so far, well done.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Very impressive. Especially how quickly that video loads and the quality of the footage which feels quite cinematic.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD