Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playlists

Spoke to the client last night. The Spotify playlists were created by her sister and the client herself was also unable to open them!

She has now sent me a hard copy playlist which I was able to digest last night and I have over half of the 108 songs on it, so we're virtually home and dry. A quick trip to HMV last night on the way home proved beneficial too.

She did add a comment that, after the buffet, they would like more uptempo music (like Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra and Matt Monro), "to encourage some dancing", so I wonder what she meant by "perhaps some contemporary disco & party music later on". Cliff Richard, Abba and Elvis perhaps? Or maybe Sean Paul, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars. I'll play this one by ear. Van Gogh's right one.

I'm thinking of asking my mum to come up and host it, as she would be in her element!

Anyway, they are all happy with what we have discussed and we're both looking forward to a good night.

Default Bring out your dead! Spotify playlists.

They are truly the two edged sword of today's disco life, aren't they? A legible, correctly spelled list of faves, which we can easily convert into Excel books, and thus paper, if desired.

Sadly, they can lead to

Over indulgence.

About fifteen hours of it! Guess I won't need to take requests tonight, especially as it's a cracking list.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2d...e-xud1UY-_TTCW
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    They are truly the two edged sword of today's disco life, aren't they? A legible, correctly spelled list of faves, which we can easily convert into Excel books, and thus paper, if desired.

Sadly, they can lead to

Over indulgence.

About fifteen hours of it! Guess I won't need to take requests tonight, especially as it's a cracking list.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2d...e-xud1UY-_TTCW
    It was going so well til I saw

OASIS

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    It was going so well til I saw

OASIS

Ugh.
    The guests thought so too. She's Electric cleared the floor, and Indie stuff bombed, which is curious for 30 year olds, I'd have said. Classic R&B went down best, with the lighter end of 90's and noughties dance being well received.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Playlists and Sound Limiters do seem to be the new way of life when it comes to discos – whether we like them or not.

Personally, with playlists I don’t mind, but use DJI which limits the amounts of requests made. A handy new feature is couples can also send their spotify playlist BUT again it is limited to a number of songs determined by myself.

The above is fine with 9/10 couples but there is always that one. What I do if someone wants more requests is tell them that they can send a list so long as it doesn’t contain songs over and above the time booked BUT in that case, I will play their playlist in full, regardless of how well it is being received, and will not scrap the playlist under any circumstances.

Sounds harsh but most see the light and understand what I am getting at – writing a song list with a cup of coffee in hand and the birds tweeting away on a Sunday morning have different results to a one wrote after a day of emotions with 2 bottles of wine and half a dozen shots down you neck. Most do question about 'not scrapping the playlist' but I just say if it isn't a song you really want played under any circumstances why write it on a list ?

Those who still insist I do what I say and play the list in full. Now, DJ head off, this results in about half being absolutely cracking nights purely using their list, with the other half absolutely dire with practically zero dancers on the floor – never a happy medium.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk