So, on Monday, I was been asked to cover a 90th birthday party this coming Saturday that I know the venue has known about for at least a month. No problem says I, after rearrangingh my whole weekend (well, taht's what I've told them).

A note on the booking form said that they wanted vintage / jazz music and gave a list of artistes such as Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Acker Bilk, Matt Monroe, Herb Alpert and his "Tywana (sic) Brass".

Not too much of a problem, though I wish I'd heard a few days earlier as I was with my 83 year old mum and would have raided her CD collection.

Then, yesterday I get an e-mail from the venue with an attachment from the client with three playlists, entitled "Welcome", "Dinner" and "After Dinner", then a remark saying "contemporary disco music later on".

On looking into this, the play lists are actually Spotify lists which, I assume I am expected to log into and play.

First thing is that I don't have the log in or password to open the lists, so I can't even tell what music is on each one.

Second, there is no way that I am going to attach to Spotify and simply allow that to play all of the music for the first part of the evening.

I've contacted the venue and their client to tell them this and await their response. If they end up with an iPad all night, that's their choice, but I'm not going to do it. If they give me a list of tracks, then I'll do my best at this short notice to obtain anything I don't already have (but at what cost)?

Given the music genre, I don't really know why they are having a disco, but as they are, and its monet in my pocket, I shall endeavour to do my best. I'm not just being an illegal jukebox though.