Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Which would you choose?

Default Which would you choose?

So you've done a gig and the guy/gal comes over and offers you

A cash tip say £20-50

To post a review the next day

Which would you prefer and why
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Tip.

The majority of my feedback comes within 1-3 days anyway and I've got literally hundreds of reviews on the website so not having another isn't really going to kill me.

A few jars after a job well done though....

These days I don't think I would accept a cash tip, unless they were very forceful and it had been a tough day. I should encourage review more, but often feel that asking for one is a bit forceful, I prefer it if people come to me, but asking people for negatives, would also be good so should ask every client each month really.
    Last edited by yourdj; 11-11-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    These days I don't think I would accept a cash tip, unless they were very forceful and it had been a tough day. I should encourage review more, but often feel that asking for one is a bit forceful, I prefer it if people come to me, but asking people for negatives, would also be good so should ask every client each month really.
    I got a very nice tip last night (plus I've no doubt the feedback will hit my inbox today too )

Why would you refuse a tip? I always tell them not to be silly as a matter of politeness but clients will insist if they have decided to tip you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I got a very nice tip last night (plus I've no doubt the feedback will hit my inbox today too )

Why would you refuse a tip? I always tell them not to be silly as a matter of politeness but clients will insist if they have decided to tip you.
    Whilst I love a nice thank you card or email. my preference is for review somewhere it can be seen
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Whilst I love a nice thank you card or email. my preference is for review somewhere it can be seen
    Id need to do an audit but 80 maybe closer to 90% of my clients fill in my feedback form amd I just c&p it into my website.

What they actually put down is a bit superfluous now, the page has so many entries on it that its main function now is to show how busy I am and the fact that almost every gig I do is a wedding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Id need to do an audit but 80 maybe closer to 90% of my clients fill in my feedback form amd I just c&p it into my website.

What they actually put down is a bit superfluous now, the page has so many entries on it that its main function now is to show how busy I am and the fact that almost every gig I do is a wedding.

Boom, feedback just came in.

Best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Do you not use DJEP any more?

I have an automated e-mail with a link to my feedback form that gets sent out the morning after the wedding. If they've not done it within a few weeks I'll send another one sometimes but usually the link is enough.

The benefit of it is that people tend to respond to me "You were great, you did this" etc... which, imo, is a lot better than the "canned" feedback you see folk posting: Jim was great, Jim did this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Do you not use DJEP any more?

I have an automated e-mail with a link to my feedback form that gets sent out the morning after the wedding. If they've not done it within a few weeks I'll send another one sometimes but usually the link is enough.

The benefit of it is that people tend to respond to me "You were great, you did this" etc... which, imo, is a lot better than the "canned" feedback you see folk posting: Jim was great, Jim did this...
    just received one from 2 weeks ago which begins "well what can we say about Jim?...."

I'd go for the tip as well personally. I ask each client if they were happy and if they'd like to, they can leave a review which gives me a steady flow of reviews.

I used to turn away tips/attempt to politely refuse but nowadays I'm happy to accept it and thank them. I've got noticeably less since I've focused on weddings interestingly!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD