Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: GDPR and Mouseflow

Default GDPR and Mouseflow

So GDPR kicks in on the 25th May 2018, and there will likely be some changes required to the way you operate.

One piece of software I've recommended in the past for helping you optimise your website is MouseFlow.

This software will be affected by GDPR - for example, if you're currently also tracking user inputs, that will need to be turned off.

MouseFlow is a global company, so much of the World (like the USA) won't be affected by GDPR (being outside the EU), so we can't expect them to adjust their software to comply with GDPR (although they are making some amendments).

So there are some steps you'll need to take if you use MouseFlow.

Full details and recommendations here: https://mouseflow.com/blog/2017/09/h...pare-for-gdpr/

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    So GDPR kicks in on the 25th May 2018, and there will likely be some changes required to the way you operate.

One piece of software I've recommended in the past for helping you optimise your website is MouseFlow.

This software will be affected by GDPR - for example, if you're currently also tracking user inputs, that will need to be turned off.

MouseFlow is a global company, so much of the World (like the USA) won't be affected by GDPR (being outside the EU), so we can't expect them to adjust their software to comply with GDPR (although they are making some amendments).

So there are some steps you'll need to take if you use MouseFlow.

Full details and recommendations here: https://mouseflow.com/blog/2017/09/h...pare-for-gdpr/
    Already waaaaay ahead of the game there Gavin

Well I'm sorry, but I fail to see how my Gross Domestic Product has any bearing on what I post on my website.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well I'm sorry, but I fail to see how my Gross Domestic Product has any bearing on what I post on my website.
    Ah, but this is GDPR. Gross Domestic Product Revised.

Oh I thought it was the latest offering from Flo-rida.

I've just attempted to understand what GDPR is after reading this thread... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I'm not better off understanding.

Seems the same as data protection? Keeping personal data secure/ not sharing unless specificly saying you will share it? What's changed?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I've just attempted to understand what GDPR is after reading this thread... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I'm not better off understanding.

Seems the same as data protection? Keeping personal data secure/ not sharing unless specificly saying you will share it? What's changed?
    It is....and it isn't.

It's a LOT more strict (potentially...and if it's ever enforced ). For instance, email addresses and IP addresses are now covered.

You have to be able to prove that the "subject" has actually given you permission to record the data (rather than assumptively collect it). Likewise, a company cannot now assume permission to pass your information on to a third party (the days of opting OUT of email communications are over, you have to opt IN!)

This won't apply to most of us, but there are also rules governing who in your company should be able to see what data, and in essence you need to make a business case as to who is allowed to see what and why to cover your backside. For instance (and I'd hope this wouldn't happen anyway...), a Doctor's receptionist would never be able to see your personal medical history (that's an extreme example).

Maybe in our cases, a subcontracted DJ should never be able to access details he/she wouldn't need such as the customer's payment details (you really shouldn't be storing these anyway).

When the new law comes into force a customer will be able to request copies of all information you hold on them for FREE (under current laws you can make a nominal admin charge for this). They will also be able to request that all data on them is destroyed.

It's basically designed to stop the data thefts such as somebody in a company plugging in a USB stick and downloading an entire database of information. The fines are big too!

Here's an interesting question for ALL of you.....

How many of you are registered with the Data Protection Registrar at the moment as a Data Controller?
    It doesn't matter whether you're using spreadsheets, a paper diary, DJEP et. al or the back of a fag packet....you have customer's information and by law HAVE to register

#justsaying