Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love my Intimidator 305s...but

Default Yippeee!!!!

I've done it (well...I cheated).

Those who have followed this tale of woe for the past 6 months may recall I purchased an Acme Dynamic 25 roller a little while back and sprayed it white (and it looks good). I had a little idea this afternoon which has paid off.

"Officially" the gobos are non-replaceable.....or are they?

As it happens, with a lot of care, a miniature saw and a file, you CAN fit your own gobos to it. I've just fudged an acetate heart (not ideal because my printer won't go black enough), but the concept works.

Projected Image will be delivering the proper gobo in the next couple of days and I'll stick a couple of pics up for anyone who's interested.
    Provided it works as I'm expecting it to - I just have to find another Dynamic 25 to make a happy pair
    Last edited by Imagine; 28-11-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Damn! i was hoping you were going to try the plastic and heat gun so i could see if it worked or not ha!

i need to convert another pair of lights to white to compliment the white 255 heads but they don't do the ones i want in white!
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Eeeee....just had a cracking idea on this one whilst taking the fixtures to bits to clean them and put in the snowflake gobos ready for silly season....

Does anyone know if Chauvet have a UK based parts centre? I'm thinking that if I could obtain a couple of the bottom front plates (the bits with the RC window in them), I could spray those white and leave the rest of the fixture as is. OK, it wouldn't be entirely white....but that particular plate is the majority of the visible casing and I'd more than likely get away with it being classed as a white fixture by most brides
    www.chauvetlighting.co.uk

Unit 1C Brookhill Industrial Estate, Nottingham NG16 6NT 01773 511115

I've had a few bits from there in the past.

I just have to find another Dynamic 25 to make a happy pair
    Not one, not two, not three, but four!!

Or have you got the moonflower?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Not one, not two, not three, but four!!

Or have you got the moonflower?
    Seen them - didn't want 4 of them so moved on.

Seen them - didn't want 4 of them so moved on.
    Now here's a leftfield idea. Buy 'em all, and sell the surplus.

( If they'd been on Ebay before I got the Fusions, I'd have done that )

OK, Single.

Twice the unit price of the four, though.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 28-11-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've done it (well...I cheated).

Those who have followed this tale of woe for the past 6 months may recall I purchased an Acme Dynamic 25 roller a little while back and sprayed it white (and it looks good). I had a little idea this afternoon which has paid off.

"Officially" the gobos are non-replaceable.....or are they?

As it happens, with a lot of care, a miniature saw and a file, you CAN fit your own gobos to it. I've just fudged an acetate heart (not ideal because my printer won't go black enough), but the concept works.

Projected Image will be delivering the proper gobo in the next couple of days and I'll stick a couple of pics up for anyone who's interested.
    Provided it works as I'm expecting it to - I just have to find another Dynamic 25 to make a happy pair
    Well, I've had an idea about getting whole gobo wheels made to replace the UTTER CRAP ones ALL movers seem to come with as standard, budget or not. Yes, that involves measuring the entire wheel, CAD'ing up a new wheel featuring useful designs which are actually applicable to us and yada yada yada. But being a massive tightwad I've been looking for a cheap laser cutting place to make a prototype. It's probably worth giving a proper gobo maker a call to see what they can do though isn't it.. My little movers' gobos are so I just leave em on open all the time.

What I'd love a lighting manufacturer to answer for me is this: WHO THE HELL EVER THOUGHT A BIOHAZARD SYMBOL WOULD BE A GREAT GOBO TO INCLUDE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    What I'd love a lighting manufacturer to answer for me is this: WHO THE HELL EVER THOUGHT A BIOHAZARD SYMBOL WOULD BE A GREAT GOBO TO INCLUDE?!
    Funny enough....that's the one that's been cut out
    The Projected Image gobo will be here by the end of the week and I've ordered a custom size to fit the hole I've created (it's a metal gobo so neatness of the hole isn't that important).

Now here's a leftfield idea. Buy 'em all, and sell the surplus.
    Too much hassle and too much other stuff going on at the moment. Plus there's always the chance of getting stuck with them and they're not that good.

Twice the unit price of the four, though.
    Saw that one too...laughed at what the joker was expecting and moved on

The funny thing: If I do manage to get my gobotracers retrofitted with some gobos that don't suck...

"Hello bride to be, would you like hearts and/or stars projected around you during your first dance? That'll be £££ extra please... <clickety in QLC+>". No, I wouldn't really do that, would I?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    The funny thing: If I do manage to get my gobotracers retrofitted with some gobos that don't suck...

"Hello bride to be, would you like hearts and/or stars projected around you during your first dance? That'll be £££ extra please... <clickety in QLC+>". No, I wouldn't really do that, would I?
    Now now Justin Play nice, its not as naff as some may think

Anyway hearts and stars are yesterdays news, Spotlighting is back baby!
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)