Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quad phase hp repair?

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    Well...………….

For repair itself still has not been done. Still in my shed with two colour not working. Since I purchased the Shard, I've not got around to buying a new LED board.

The shard I'm using under DMX(only use the one as a centre piece).

It is dimmable via DMX, but note that the colours are not mixed into a single colour beam, they are 4 separate beams, like the quad phase HP(but not defined like the HP).

One issue which I do have, is that when DMX'd, and S2L is enabled, only the movement is S2L, to colours are fixed. I got around this by creating a "chase" sequence via MyDMX3, which changes the colours every x seconds.

I do have different scenes setup for the Shard, i.e. Slow white for first dances.

I would prefer a version of the light which :-

a) Did a proper RGBA mix into a single beam, rather than the 4 separate beams.
    b) S2L changed colours as well as movement.
    c) Would be a nice to have (if 'a' above existed), pattern gobos, i.e. star,open,heart,triangle etc
    I've gone right off the quad phase now. The swarm of circling bees look is getting a bit tired.

BTW you don't want much do you? Don't even bother looking. Adj release new products every 5 minutes these days, revamping older stuff by the simple addition of a fricken laser. Because clusters bolted onto fixtures is what every mobile dj needs, right?

Found someone selling the replacement LED for £35.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMERICAN-...8AAOSwKX9biBfZ

Decided to take the plunge. Purchased the £35 replacement LED board.

Easy to fit, and now back working on all 4 colours.

Now, just need to decided which to keep for my centre piece.... HP or Shard!

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    Decided to take the plunge. Purchased the £35 replacement LED board.

Easy to fit, and now back working on all 4 colours.

Now, just need to decided which to keep for my centre piece.... HP or Shard!
    do you have any photos, maybe I need to do that? I can upgrade the noisy fans at the same time??

Well!! After about 5 hours reprogramming all my lights (well a set of 10 120 watt RGBWAUV uplighters) I used it in a big venues last night and my god they are a lot brighter and also look great in white! Over all they are an amazing purchase for the price, but the effort I put in to the programming obviously affects my opinion. The size is quite a bit larger, but I think the weight is a little less, so its OK to mount horizontally? The spread is also quite a bit better, so two effects can easily cover the whole venue.

The motor does not go down to a slow speed, its just a little too fast for a wedding breakfast, buffet or pre first dance, so I left it static. It would be nice is the single beam was one colour and not split, but i don't mind that too much. I love the on/off switch on the back as I had to pull out my power supplies on the QPHP during the slowly at the end. I am looking forward to fitting a wireless DMX board, I have ordered 5 from China, as i want to DMX a few more lights.
    Last edited by yourdj; 09-09-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

No Sorry, I did not take any pics. It's easy enough though, so soldering required, just a Philips screwdriver.

Remove all the screws on the front.
    Carefully fold off the front (wires are attached at one side, the LEDS are attached to the front panel)

Unclip the wiring connector, remove the 4 screws holding the board in place, remove the old LED board, replace with the new board and refit.

Very easy repair. (Even I could do it without breaking anything)