Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New controller

Default New controller

Well having to get used to a three channel VMS 4.1 , its time to replace....................

What I would like.

Decent inbuilt sound
    Xlr out`s
    1/2 mic channels
    2/4 tracks
    EQ
    NO jog wheels , I never use them , and for me they just take up space.
    Robust
    In other words a VMS2`ish without jog wheels ( having looked inside my VMS 4.1 I would like a lot better build Quality as well)

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Sadly the only controllers that are even close to fitting your needs all have jogwheels. Controllers sans joggles don't have much if anything in the way of mic channels.

It really is a shocking state of affairs. I don't want jogwheels either. I don't scratch & if I need to search within a track I generally scrub with the mouse.

I will keep looking , jog wheels are great for Club DJ`s , but for general party's and weddings they are way over the top , respect for those that use them , just not for me

Your best bet might, if you can tolerate separate bits of kit,
    be to go for a very basic controller & separate mixer with builtin soundcard.

If you're not impressed with adj vms build quality don't even go near Pioneer stuff. They've got boards plugged into boards plugged into boards with cables & cables inside too.

There was a traditional 19" format mixer ADJ used to do, that was also a basic playout controller. Darned if I can remember what they called it though.

Now me, I couldn't go back to not having hotcues & loops. There's a button & fader based controller by Roland but it's only got 1 1/4" mic channel with no eq or on/off switch

The Denon MC6000 Mk2 has jog wheels, but they are quite small.

An excellent mixer, great mic inputs and about the best mobile DJ controller there is.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

An excellent mixer, great mic inputs and about the best mobile DJ controller there is.
    I've used a Mk1 for years and love it. Recently got a steal on a brand new Mk2 so I'll be breaking it out on Saturday when I've got a bit of time after soundchecking to work out any kinks.

As for the jog wheels - I don't use them a lot but they're handy for scrolling through intros of tracks if you want to skip bits or for getting a cue point spot on. Plus it's always nice to do a big naff rewind brake now and again

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I've used a Mk1 for years and love it. Recently got a steal on a brand new Mk2 so I'll be breaking it out on Saturday when I've got a bit of time after soundchecking to work out any kinks.

As for the jog wheels - I don't use them a lot but they're handy for scrolling through intros of tracks if you want to skip bits or for getting a cue point spot on. Plus it's always nice to do a big naff rewind brake now and again
    I absolutely love my MC6000 MK1 too. It was a bit of a fixer-upper but it's been the backbone of my show for the best part of a year now. I agree with the jogwheels' occasional usefulness though - I think I'd probably miss them - not much though. As for the problem with the mic channels.. what problem? Set yer gain structure right & all is well - no need for any attenuators here.

I am looking at the Denon DJ MC4000 , I can always remove the jog wheels and use them as side plates.....
    Any one have experience with this model

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I am looking at the Denon DJ MC4000 , I can always remove the jog wheels and use them as side plates.....
    Any one have experience with this model
    Side plates? The VMS5's could be used as dinner plates

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

No it' not....the MC7000 is (because I got one last week). Didn't have the guts to go with the 8000 because I can't imagine working without a laptop just yet, but the 7000 allows me to plug both laptops in at the same time (liking that redundancy).

I've also got a 6000mk2, but the fader on Channel 2 is busted (it's almost as if the metal contacts are broken). It works if you apply pressure in the right places and will remain as a backup for now. I did look at replacing the fader....but got to around 200 screws out of the thing and gave up.