Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New controller

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and...hoC6AUQAvD_BwE

I had a play with the Hercules Jogvision at BPM this year and really liked it. I know hercules aren't a trendy name but I learned on an RMX/RMXII and found them really solid and reliable controllers with decent features (except mic but ive always used an external controller).

My NV is slowly failing so one of these could be on the purchase list this year
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

Looks like a trip to Colchester on Saturday morning for a straight swap out then

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Name:  MC4000_ortho_web_1200x750.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  61.6 KB

I have eventually replaced my Vestax VCI300 with this and its just perfect for my needs. I especially like the sampler pads, where you can throw happy birthday, drumrolls or even a few last tunes of the night and not have to use the main decks. Its very well built, simple and only cost me £205, so well pleased with the purchase. Looking forward to using it this weekend, especially the effects unit as that was the big thing missing from the Vestax. Jut have to remember that the hardwired low/high pass filter is below the main EQ! The only negatives as far as I can see are the EQ lights. Apart from that its one of the best wedding mobile DJ controllers I have seen for the money.

I think I might see both my Vestax VCI's (plus effects box) and buy an iPad controller for back up/ceremonies. Probably pioneer, not looked into it yet?

Name:  MC4000_angle_web_1200x750.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  MC4000_back_web_1200x750.jpg
Size:  26.6 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 29-01-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Name:  MC4000_ortho_web_1200x750.jpg
Size:  61.6 KB

I have eventually replaced my Vestax VCI300 with this and its just perfect for my needs. I especially like the sampler pads, where you can throw happy birthday, drumrolls or even a few last tunes of the night and not have to use the main decks. Its very well built, simple and only cost me £205, so well pleased with the purchase. Looking forward to using it this weekend, especially the effects unit as that was the big thing missing from the Vestax. Jut have to remember that the hardwired low/high pass filter is below the main EQ! The only negatives as far as I can see are the EQ lights. Apart from that its one of the best wedding mobile DJ controllers I have seen for the money.

I think I might see both my Vestax VCI's (plus effects box) and buy an iPad controller for back up/ceremonies. Probably pioneer, not looked into it yet?

Name:  MC4000_angle_web_1200x750.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  MC4000_back_web_1200x750.jpg
Size:  26.6 KB
    I had one of them, great for the price, but just wasn't confident having only 2 channels - much prefer a couple of spare ones to have backup/IPad etc ready to go if needed - plus on occasion I do still like 4 channels.

It is the one thing that has put me of any of the newer pioneer controllers.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    much prefer a couple of spare ones to have backup/IPad etc ready to go if needed
    There is an analogue channel for iPad that still works if the unit is switched off, so good for a back up source. I know what you mean with having extra deck for other tracks (such as cake cut, father daughter, first dance & first party track), but they have bigger models If I want to expand. I have only ever used 2 decks so its not such an issue and wont be mixing 4 dance tracks at once anytime soon. I also think I will make use of the sampler as you can play music from that (like having happy birthday always cued). You can mix off it mind you. Might do some naff voice overs LOL. We shall see.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Yet again someone has pulled off the feat of making a controller that's almost useful but not quite. A controller or mixer really needs mic muting switches on it!!