Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The mic channel/channels on my mixer/controller are/aren't fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    So many frivolous answers spring to mind. I have no cast iron answers, but clip lights on speakers worry me more than they do on mixers. I may be wrong on this, but that's my way of working.
    My thinking too. The speakers are the endpoint for the signal and if they're clipping then something's too hot (and I keep an eagle eye on the speakers right through the night).

As I say, the sound wasn't distorted despite the gains being in the green, the master output at 12 o'clock (the MC6000 used to run at 3 'o' clock before hitting red)....maybe running in red is nothing to worry about on this one. Goes against everything I've ever learned though

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

As I say, the sound wasn't distorted despite the gains being in the green, the master output at 12 o'clock (the MC6000 used to run at 3 'o' clock before hitting red)....maybe running in red is nothing to worry about on this one. Goes against everything I've ever learned though
    As above, except my Master is lower, around 10 o'clock, as are the trims on the USB channels. Conversely, as the digital gain is so high, the channels for analogue inputs are usually maxed out to keep up!!! With some very delicate tweaking ( not aided by the slidy shelf on my case, which does its best to hide controls ) I could raise the master a bit, lower the mics a bit, and the digital channels a lot, and get a bit of extra volume from the analogue channels, but that's very fine tuning, and not really necessary.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I've sussed the mic and it doesn't squeal anymore (the channel is only just open mind....).

one of these could be your friend for a hot mic channel, will let you twist your knob round a bit further, its what I used many moons ago on MC6000 to calm the mic down.Name:  IMG_3104.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  57.8 KB
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

I now only do line dance gigs but am still using my trusty old Numark CM100. Dedicated mike channel with trebble and bass plus auto ducking (which I never used). No kill switch though so I have to use a switched mike which my Gemini radio mikes are. Mike 2 plugs in at rear of mixer. The 4 channels are switchable between phono and line and there is master volume, mono or stereo switch and graphic equalizer on output. Cross fader built in too (not that I ever used that). My pat tester always complains about it having a 3 pin mains connection even though there is no earth. It is now very old (like me) but it served me well for many years on the road and still does
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco