Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: My Worst Nightmare!

Default My Worst Nightmare!

Ok, not as bad as the title sounds but...

I've been asked, by t'other half's niece, if I can DJ at her 13th birthday party in February. Now the last time I DJ'd to 13 year olds was at the end of the 80's when I worked in the Ice Rink in Bristol. Nowadays I won't touch anything less than a 40th birthday. So, my question is this... what the hell to play? Do 13 year old like cheese? Or is it just chart garbage, sorry, tunes?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Did a 13th birthday last month. I thought 13 year olds were supposed to be cool these days so played all chart stuff.

Dipped into the YMCA etc and they loved it.

Cheese and chart = success
    Nathan.

If it helps...I did my local school disco last Thursday. Not teenagers (only go up to 11 years old), but there isn't a lot of difference.

Classic chart stuff such as Firework, Little Mix, Gangnam, Uptown Funk, Can't Stop the Feeling etc., along with YMCA, Cha Cha Slide and Macarena always go down well.

Of course I've also done them where they want stuff I wouldn't consider playing to teens (stuff with loads of sweary bits in it), which is the main reason I don't do teens these days.

Best thing to do....ask the birthday girl and indeed her parents